17 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

My heart sinks with these suggestions

I hope chansiri pulls one out the bag, this is just completely unmotivating

Same, absolutely no one jumps out.

If it was me, I would just take an absolute punt on a big personality recent ex player, still no idea who, Sol Campbell maybe, not that I like him.

I think we can take solace in the fact all managerial appointments are a gamble anyway, sometimes it just clicks, look at Adkins last season.

I like Bullen, he understands what Wednesday is about.

But is he too matey with some players? would some take the wee wee? a bit like when you got sent to your Grandparents over the 6 weeks holidays. 

The discipline would drop. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Makes sense to continue to use Bullen as permanent caretaker to fill the gaps.

Provides a backroom staff continuity that helps incoming managers.

Don't see him as a permanent manager, certainly not at this level.

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Daily Mail linking us with Coleman, Monk and Rowett.

About as inspiring as a kick in the knackers. Hopefully, just paper talk.

Shame that Monk is dodgy as flip. Think he is a half decent coach. Cant stand Rowett and Coleman is useless. 

Very latest... not inspiring

962376E7-D2BE-4709-A038-D4E6D5473B13.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thing is...there aren't all that many inspiring candidates out there. 

34 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

This, I don't think we can afford to get this wrong.

Sucks doesnt it, we had it right two weeks back

• Agree 1

Just now, unkastav said:

I try not to think about it.  Just so depressing.

• Agree 1

Coleman has plummeted overnight. Hopefully that is just someone lumping on in error. 

Nice enough guy. Decent at Fulham and Wales.

But he has been managing a long time, if he was a real winner you'd think it would have happened by now. How many managers win their first promotion ten years or more into their career? 

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Shame that Monk is dodgy as flip. Think he is a half decent coach. Cant stand Rowett and Coleman is useless. 

What are you talking about? I suggest you swatch the Netflix series, Sunderland till I die, and see the impact he had before you judge Coleman. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Well we did and it does but the recycled Monk type managers are from the same shelves of the shop as Bruce. Bruce was a sensible appointment and did a decent job but he's no one's idea of a managerial genius. Some of these suggestions are pretty well like for like

Posted (edited)

It's just such a shame we are in the predicament we are in... a few weeks ago we were on a high, decent manager, a few signings. 

Now we have no manager or coach, we seem to be struggling to find someone of any excitement, feels like we are in similar shoes to Newcastle as in we are going to end up with the 11th choice on the list. I just hope that whoever it ends up being fans give them a chance and don't put blame onto Mr Chansiri. This is by no means his fault, we are just trying to make the best of a really poor situation. 

Edited by MrTacoSWFC

4 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

What are you talking about? I suggest you swatch the Netflix series, Sunderland till I die, and see the impact he had before you judge Coleman. 

Yeah, I watched it.

He really revitalised them. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

He took them down? 

Sunderland were a sinking ship, but had more than enough to stay up that season in my view. 

Those three are all so depressing. I’d rather have Pulis.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

What are your thoughts on appointing Bullen?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

The team was pretty shocking back then though which is why he was put in charge. This is a totally different set of circumstances. The group are playing well and looking confident in pre season so far. You reckon Allardyce would show any loyalty to us if a premier league club came in for him? 

You are right, circs are different.  We are a few weeks off the start of the season having just lost possibly the best manager we have had in yonks.  

But the result is the same: Bullen is not the answer.

Allardyce’s stock is pretty low - which Prem clubs since Everton have come in for him? None that I can recall..

..also find me a manager who won’t jump ship from the Champ to the Prem if offered? It’s a no brainier..and always a risk with Bruce too.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

When Bullen says things like "It could be me", it makes you think that something has been said behind the scenes. Also it kind of rules him out of supporting roles when he has his eyes on the prize

13 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

Did you miss the part where he dropped their top scorer Grabban, then spent half a series moaning they couldn’t score goals. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

You have a Staffordshire bull terrier, he’s been a loyal family pet for years; you have a newborn in the family. You don’t let the dog look after the new born alone in a room. 

One way of putting it, unless you live on the Manor.:duntmatter: