Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can't believe Megson is on the shortlist

 

Please no.

 

Far too divisive.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If there's anything we should have learnt from our last three appointments. It's that the managerial appointment is far more important than transfer signings. The one thing all three had in common was multiple sackings/job hopping. We have to get this appointment right to build upon the work done by Bruce. A manager with a long CV, may look good on paper but there's usually a reason for their job hopping and for them being out of work.

 

I'd be thinking of someone more forward thinking and on the rise, than managers who were decent a few years ago or several years ago. There's a reason most clubs today are ignoring the typical names and old school out of work managers, that find their way onto every betting list. There's more to be said of thinking outside of the box or being more forward thinking and ambitious. There are managers and coaches out there, who could be attracted to the Championship to build and progress from Bruce, we need to be more ambitious and forward thinking.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s going to be Bullen. A decision that everyone will massively regret. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OwlInCardiff said:

What did Monk do to have his 'character called into question'?

Something to do with the club cat I heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Not always, they don't, and see my previous comment on the Mirror 

No sometimes they have horrendous stories based on fan opinions. But if it’s a transfer rumour it will always put the source of the rumour. I’ve seen it, very insightful, one them people that just disregards any form of media because it’s the (insert newspaper name). :biggrin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s going to be Bullen. A decision that everyone will massively regret. 

I think so too. Ticks many boxes etc, but no right option for me. Love the fella, but not the one for this job right now imho.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marshy said:

I think so too. Ticks many boxes etc, but no right option for me. Love the fella, but not the one for this job right now imho.

 

It is the easy option for DC. Imo though it is a very wrong one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure there is any point in appointing Bullen as manager. Just let him caretake for a bit. See how he does, see who else might become available.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OwlInCardiff said:

What did Monk do to have his 'character called into question'?

 

He became a recluse with obsessive–compulsive personality disorder after a bereavement, as a result he lost his detective job but then he got a nurse who assisted him daily, which helped him out of his house and to become a private detective... :ph34r:

 

tony-shalhoub-as-adrian-monk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Can't believe Megson is on the shortlist

 

Please no.

 

Far too divisive.

Who’s short list tho? No one with a brain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JC_owl66 said:

Who’s short list tho? No one with a brain

 

*Whose

 

garymegson

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, OwlInCardiff said:

What did Monk do to have his 'character called into question'?

it is alleged that he bought players for his clubs at inflated prices with the same agent involved

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, waynecoyne14 said:

it is alleged that he bought players for his clubs at inflated prices with the same agent involved

 

Aye, I just googled it and found this article:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/17751427.middlesbrough-continue-investigate-transfers-garry-monks-time-charge/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, OwlInCardiff said:

What did Monk do to have his 'character called into question'?

 

ActiveValidGermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

 

It is the easy option for DC. Imo though it is a very wrong one. 

 

Easy, don't think so.

Historically and factually whoever takes over will have odds stacked against.

Footballers are fickle foookers, keeping a happy dressing room is half the battle. I think Bullen can do that, he knows the players he knows the club, he knows DC.

A newbie does not. Yet it seems many are willing to take a risk on others but not Bullen.

The, he couldn't attract players cos he isn't a big name is bolloxe as Norwich and the piggies and Barnsley proved last year.

 

We are not able to compete in the sack race...oh well, get rid, let's try another on a £4m contract or whatever

 

Tbh I'm not too fussed who it will be but to just rule out someone we have here already is a bit daft, especially considering the last three. Assuming Bullen really really wants the job.

 

Don't get me wrong he could fail, so what, every other name mentioned has at some point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

 

Easy, don't think so.

Historically and factually whoever takes over will have odds stacked against.

Footballers are fickle foookers, keeping a happy dressing room is half the battle. I think Bullen can do that, he knows the players he knows the club, he knows DC.

A newbie does not. Yet it seems many are willing to take a risk on others but not Bullen.

The, he couldn't attract players cos he isn't a big name is bolloxe as Norwich and the piggies and Barnsley proved last year.

 

We are not able to compete in the sack race...oh well, get rid, let's try another on a £4m contract or whatever

 

Tbh I'm not too fussed who it will be but to just rule out someone we have here already is a bit daft, especially considering the last three. Assuming Bullen really really wants the job.

 

Don't get me wrong he could fail, so what, every other name mentioned has at some point

 

The comments Bullen made when he has been in charge in the past don’t bother you? Him saying players don’t know what they are doing, him almost begging DC to appoint someone else. I’m sure while things are going well Bullen will be great but when things start to go wrong, we lose 2 or 3 on the bounce and the pressure starts to get to him he won’t know where to turn, the Hull performance and subsequent comments show that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a man manager not really a coach, the players we have got are all pretty experienced pros....thats why I think Bruce did pretty well with them he knew how to manage the likes of westwood, bannan, hutch etc

 

Can you imagine a young up and coming guy coming in and saying for instance to a Westwood come on then out we go to train and Westwood turning round and saying nah mate I dont train on Thursdays at my age with my injuries.....I'm not saying this is true but look at Jos and how his style of management worked out. Apparently Carlos was a bit too much the other way so we need someone in between who can manage the players we have.

 

Also someone with a good record in the transfer market - sounds like we need Big Ron haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

 

It is the easy option for DC. Imo though it is a very wrong one. 

I think Bullen could do it with a coach like Stuart Gray, the coach is key if Bullen is to succeed but I gear he maybe too close to the players to make the tough decisions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bullen is FAR from the easy option for D.C. 

 

He will be well aware of the risk involved with appointing Lee, and more so of losing him all together if it goes wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such an uninspiring list so far! 

 

If Hughton is definitely ruled out then Rowett gets the nod from me against this supposed shortlist. 

 

I know he didn’t pull up trees at Stoke however decent at Burton, sacked from Birmingham when they were in 7th (when Zola came in and nearly took them down) and got the playoffs with Derby. All good win % near or above 40%. Best of a bad bunch so far. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...