2 minutes ago, Retired Owls Fan said:

Win Jonk 33/1 ?

Wonder if he will manage to get an appearance bonus into his contract which he gets paid for even when he doesn't appear like he did last time! :ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Rogers said:

I have a feeling Poolis will be appointed 

Nobody should be charged money to watch any team Pulis is involved with.

"But he knows how to get teams promoted".

Good for him. Fuckhim.

Edited by Rodger Wylde
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha 1

Some right random names on the skybet market. Nobodies got the foggiest idea who is going to be appointed. 

• Agree 2

Gary Rowett the leading contender on williamhill now.

Got no interest in him being our manager. Saw an interview with him the other day where he was complaining that he didn't deserve to get sacked from stoke (despite bad results with a good squad and 60-70mil spent). He then proceeded to blame players for not sorting themselves out when things got tough.

I'm not sure he understands what a manager is supposed to to.. but there we go.

Posted (edited)
Gianfranco Zola.           3/1

Lee Bullen
4/1
Giovanni van Bronckhorst
5/1
Chris Hughton
7/1
Gary Rowett
7/1
Fatih Tekke
8/1
Garry Monk
8/1
Nigel Pearson
14/1
Aitor Karanka
16/1
Bruno Génésio
16/1
Edited by Owlsend

26 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Nobody should be charged money to watch any team Pulis is involved with.

"But he knows how to get teams promoted".

Good for him. Fuckhim.

Looked like he had completely forgot how to do that in the 2nd half of the season at Boro but hadn't forgotten how to get his team to play in a turgid style that would make most football fans close the curtains if they were playing in the back garden.

No thanks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Gio learnt the ropes at teams like Arsenal, Barcelona and Feyenoord, as well as the Dutch national team. After retiring has a player at Feyenoord, he went into coaching and was one of the assistants that worked under Ronald Koeman and Fred Rutten. Before becoming Feyenoord's head coach, where he steadily won trophies and famously for them won them their first League title for 18 years. A winner as a player and as a manager, Giovanni van Bronckhorst would be a high profile, exciting and forward thinking appointment. It would make an ambitious statement and it would wee wee the Geordies and Ashley off after he turned them down. If possible, go get him DC.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Agree 4

The only advantage I can see by appointing Zola is that Barry Bannan will at last have someone he can see eye to eye with.

• Haha 3

GVB certainly has an impressive CV.

Zola would not produce one as it has been failure after failure for him.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Retired Owls Fan said:

Win Jonk 33/1 ?

Barry Island-Ferry at 20/1 !!!

• Haha 1

Reda has headed one too many clearances, I fear. 

• Haha 6

Appointing Bullen would be like the time Peter Shreeves was appointed after filling in ably a few times.

If Bullen wanted it it would be a different conversation, but every indication is that he doesn't...

• Agree 2

Wouldn't want Bullen as full time manager for two reasons; 1st he hasn't convinced as caretaker manager, he is a very important member of the backroom staff, he's been the stability throughout the chaos of the last few years, if we hire him as manager he will be sacked within 6 months and will no longer be at the club.

• Agree 4

Yes, Lee Bullen has earned great respect at SWFC.

It would be sad to ruin that.

• Agree 1

I'm not sure i see 'knows the club' as some kind of massive advantage. It just means he's been around for all the time we've not been doing what we want to do. It doesn't mean he knows how to do things differently to how we've been doing them, which is evidently what we need.

Knowing the players is a plus, sure. but he'll also have ideas about the players already and they'll have ideas about him. A new manager and a clean slate can be a godsend and can give some players a new lease of life. e.g. would Nando pull out all the stops to impress Bully the same way he would try and impress van Bronkhorst? I don't think anyone would argue that he would.

I like Bully, and I like that he's loyal to the club and that it's loyal to him. And I agree with @RobbieOwler that I want him to carry on being at the club, not potentially crash and burn as a manager and be out the door.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Bullen should no doubt stay as a valued coach. Like when Jos left, he will be beneficial to still have there, holding the fort, and ready to assist the new man, with his knowledge of the club and players. Having someone like Bullen around will be invaluable, especially if we do go for a younger high profile forward thinking appointment. He'll be valuable, no matter who we appoint but my feeling is we'll follow the latest managerial trends trends and we'll make a statement by being forward thinking and ambitious, instead of going for the usual out of work merry-go-round names that are on every betting list for every managerial vacancy but are being ignored for a reason.

Bullen okay until we get a new manager in, take training/friendlies etc but we need a new manager in ASAP. 

• Agree 4