Odds For The New Manager

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

We will end up with a managerial team of;

Pearson, Shakespeare, Bullen.

I think NP is a grade A weapon but he is available, has worked for Thai owners and got promotion from this league.  

NP played his part in the George Hirst fiasco there isn't a chance that Chansiri will go in for him.

Whoever we appoint, will surely be here before the first game? Bullen's repeatedly said he doesn't want it permanently, he will do a grand job holding the fort until a new man is appointed. He'd also be one of the ones to help a new man get up to speed. I genuinely hope it's a forward thinking appointment. We've got the foundations for someone to come in and to still do well. 

Edited by The Night-Owl

3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

NP played his part in the George Hirst fiasco there isn't a chance that Chansiri will go in for him.

He's already said numerous times he doesn't want to manage here he still lives in Sheffield and made it clear for the last couple of times he wasn't interested 

2 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

He's already said numerous times he doesn't want to manage here he still lives in Sheffield and made it clear for the last couple of times he wasn't interested 

All irrelevant,  were not interested in him. Neither would anyone else be I imagine.

His career ended when he went to some obscure Belgium club to facilitate Leicester's manipulation of the youth market.

Smart money would be on a more forward thinking or high profile younger manager appointment. I really don't think DC will go for the usual names in the betting. He'll be determined to get this appointment right but will be thinking of ways to progressively build positively upon the ground work done by Bruce, his staff and Bullen, etc. I genuinely believe, taking into consideration what Villa went for after Bruce and the recent managerial trends, that DC will not only want this one to be a statement appointment but also a forward thinking appointment. The smart money I think would be on retired players that have turned into young coaches, high profile young managers and managers on the rise.

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wonder if our new manager will be announced later today or tomorrow morning so he can fly to Germany with the squad 

Looking at the club statement, it reads to me that Bruce's resignation has not been accepted yet.

Therefore how can a replacement be announced.

IMO

19 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Smart money would be on a more forward thinking or high profile younger manager appointment. I really don't think DC will go for the usual names in the betting. He'll be determined to get this appointment right but will be thinking of ways to progressively build positively upon the ground work done by Bruce, his staff and Bullen, etc. I genuinely believe, taking into consideration what Villa went for after Bruce and the recent managerial trends, that DC will not only want this one to be a statement appointment but also a forward thinking appointment. The smart money I think would be on retired players that have turned into young coaches, high profile young managers and managers on the rise.

I agree with an awful lot you are saying but I fear that Chansiri and his advisor don’t have the necessary knowledge to make this type of appointment and after the Bruce Farce, he’ll revert to the type of appointment he made before?

16 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Looking at the club statement, it reads to me that Bruce's resignation has not been accepted yet.

IMO

Yep, I can see this dragging on for a good while. And if so, we're not going to be an attractive proposition for a so called high profile manager.

31 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I agree with an awful lot you are saying but I fear that Chansiri and his advisor don’t have the necessary knowledge to make this type of appointment and after the Bruce Farce, he’ll revert to the type of appointment he made before?

Although, that's a genuine fear and that's one of my fears too that instead of someone on the rise with a high profile we might end up with a Carlos and Jos obscure job hopping type from abroad that's not worked for a fair while or one of the many out of work multiple sacked old school British managers. I hope and think we will avoid both of those types of managers/coaches.

I honestly think DC will take a look at the trend among the top two tiers to go for forward thinking appointments; high profile foreign managers, younger managers, retired players recently turned coaches and EFL managers on the rise. I could see that inspiring DC in his search and that coupled with how disappointed and determined he might feel after being messed around with by Bruce and being burnt or disappointed with all three appointments so far in different ways, I think taking all those things into consideration, that DC will go for a more exciting/forward thinking and/or statement kind of appointment.

Edited by The Night-Owl

28 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

IMO

He's in no position to be signing a contract with another club when he's under contract with us. However, Bruce has defaulted on the terms of his contract and has made his intentions clear. DC has had his hand forced so is therefor forced to find a replacement. 

Consequently, Newcastle and Bruce could be in some very hot water.

4 minutes ago, Retired Owls Fan said:

He's in no position to be signing a contract with another club when he's under contract with us. However, Bruce has defaulted on the terms of his contract and has made his intentions clear. DC has had his hand forced so is therefor forced to find a replacement. 

Consequently, Newcastle and Bruce could be in some very hot water.

In Wednesdays statement they say they all resigned from there positions at the club so surely were not saying there still under contract ?