Rowett wouldn't be my first choice but think he could be an astute appointment. He played 442 at Birmingham which suits our squad currently, he also knows the division and players.

A colleague of mine that worked at the FA said Rowett was very clued up and methodical. 

Can we not look at the same set of managers that get mentioned everytime somebody gets sacked , monk, rowett  karanka etc

And look at somebody who's on there way up in the world like the cowleys at lincoln or guy at Barnsley or even paul cook always seems to play decent football 

The other option as I see it is that we give a someone there first job in management and someone like arteta ( and yes I know its unlikely he would come ) 

• Like 1

Derby mate of mine was always v positive about Rowett. Thought they had a proper manager and gutted when he went. I’d still prefer Hughton 

Other than Stoke, Rowett's record is pretty good.

He wasn't popular at Derby despite basically doing as well as all other Derby managers - his conservative style of play wasn't the "Derby way".

I was very pro him as a replacement for Gray. At this point, his appointment would feel underwhelming, but it wouldn't be a disaster.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Can we not look at the same set of managers that get mentioned everytime somebody gets sacked , monk, rowett  karanka etc

And look at somebody who's on there way up in the world like the cowleys at lincoln or guy at Barnsley or even paul cook always seems to play decent football 

The other option as I see it is that we give a someone there first job in management and someone like arteta ( and yes I know its unlikely he would come ) 

Just as much risk going with an up and comer though isn't there?

Carlos aside, who was well backed unlike most of our recent managers, we got our best 'bumps' out of experienced managers like Sturrock, Megson, Jones and Bruce.

I've been thinking that Rowett could be the right fit for what we need right now and an added bonus is folk can spell his fuckingname right!

Rowett walked out on Derby didn't he? 

Just now, Manwithastick said:

Yeah but let's be honest here, the lot of 'em are snakeyfuckers!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

Rowett wouldn't be my first choice but think he could be an astute appointment. He played 442 at Birmingham which suits our squad currently, he also knows the division and players.

A colleague of mine that worked at the FA said Rowett was very clued up and methodical. 

Far from my first choice, but available and must have something about him to be courted by decent Championship clubs. 

On the plus side, he knows the league and you never know might just be the right fit, things might click like at Birmingham.

If Hughton doesnt want to come, dont think we should be begging and cant see DC pursuing an in work manager, considering the impact its had on us, losing our manager. He's never done so before, so unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Wiki says (and this tallies with my memory), he asked for permission to talk to Stoke after the play off defeat, and there doesn't seem to have been any irregularity.

I think it should be possible to distinguish between this and the sort of behaviour that Bruce has indulged in.

• Agree 1

Rowett isn’t a bad shout. Did well at Birmingham, did ok at Derby but poor at Stoke but that was a very difficult job. I’d be happy with his appointment 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Far from my first choice, but available and must have something about him to be courted by decent Championship clubs. 

On the plus side, he knows the league and you never know might just be the right fit, things might click like at Birmingham.

If Hughton doesnt want to come, dont think we should be begging and cant see DC pursuing an in work manager, considering the impact its had on us, losing our manager. He's never done so before, so unlikely. 

He knows this league because he can’t get out of it, and bizarrely, clubs keep giving him jobs Dreadful football, and massively underachieved at Stoke, embarrassingly so

• Agree 1

Judging by the threads on here whoever we appoint won’t go down well over all. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

He knows this league because he can’t get out of it, and bizarrely, clubs keep giving him jobs Dreadful football, and massively underachieved at Stoke, embarrassingly so

Fair point, said he wasn't my first choice :biggrin:

I'd be happy with Rowett.

Based off nothing more than watching him on Sky when we've been playing and he's always nailed it regarding our strengths and weaknesses.

Could see the blindingly obvious that the rest of us could but the previous managers couldn't.

Plus, we're far too nice as a club and feel he'd steel us up as he comes across as a bit of an intenso.

So for those flimsy reasons - I'm in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Wonder if our new manager will be announced later today or tomorrow morning so he can fly to Germany with the squad 

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wonder if our new manager will be announced later today or tomorrow morning so he can fly to Germany with the squad 

Our new manager is already in Germany :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Our new manager is already in Germany :biggrin:

Tedesco? ;-)

Nice to see Zola’s odds are drifting 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Unless....

....our new manager is already in Germany!

giphy.gif

• Like 1