Odds For The New Manager

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Far from my first choice, but available and must have something about him to be courted by decent Championship clubs. 

On the plus side, he knows the league and you never know might just be the right fit, things might click like at Birmingham.

If Hughton doesnt want to come, dont think we should be begging and cant see DC pursuing an in work manager, considering the impact its had on us, losing our manager. He's never done so before, so unlikely. 

He knows this league because he can’t get out of it, and bizarrely, clubs keep giving him jobs Dreadful football, and massively underachieved at Stoke, embarrassingly so

Just now, gurujuan said:

He knows this league because he can’t get out of it, and bizarrely, clubs keep giving him jobs Dreadful football, and massively underachieved at Stoke, embarrassingly so

Fair point, said he wasn't my first choice :biggrin:

Guest The Horse

I'd be happy with Rowett.

Based off nothing more than watching him on Sky when we've been playing and he's always nailed it regarding our strengths and weaknesses.

Could see the blindingly obvious that the rest of us could but the previous managers couldn't.

Plus, we're far too nice as a club and feel he'd steel us up as he comes across as a bit of an intenso.

So for those flimsy reasons - I'm in.

Bullen still doesn’t want it but probably too loyal to turn it down 

not sure why we’re tryna corner a bloke into a job he’s clearly uncomfortable with 

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, SupremeOwl said:

Zola's odds drifting, so are Rowetts. Only odds shortening are Bullens and GVB.

Please for the love of god, I hope we can get GVB! :biggrin:

I'd love it if we went for and got Gio. Got a very good feeling about him, that wherever he goes next, he will excel. Did very well at Feyenoord as an assistant and then as a manager. I'd like an exciting high profile forward thinking appointment like Gio or someone. I think we should go for a younger appointment this time. Plus it would have the added bonus of weeing off the Geordies, if we brought in someone who turned them down.

34 minutes ago, SupremeOwl said:

Zola's odds drifting, so are Rowetts. Only odds shortening are Bullens and GVB.

Please for the love of god, I hope we can get GVB! :biggrin:

I've put my 50p on bully purely because of potential legal wranglings holding up an appointment, although this apparently shouldn't be an issue. We all know DC likes to take his time though and only 10 games needed to be classed as next manager.