Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I hope Mr C has got over his phase of looking at unknown foreign coaches with little on their CVs.

 

That would be a good start.

 

No Billy Von Tinkelwinkle from Armenian 2nd Division side FC Surefire Batteries etc.

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get anywhere near £5m off fat boy I do really feel we should go and get Paul Cook but I doubt he’s on Chansiri radar , he wants a name 

 

fully expect him to go after someone mad like he did with Villas Boas and Fonseca,  might even try and speak to Allardyce 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These were odds when we sacked Jos.... 

3C75A14E-BB66-4B32-A4FE-1ABF5D35AD8A.png

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

No thank you, don't think he did a fantastic job at Birmingham, just ok. Crap at Derby and Stoke

At Birmingham rescued them from relegation and took them from 21st in league up to 10th in half a season.  Following year, with an average at best squad and little funds had them in 7th challenging for play offs and over performimg only to be undeservedly sacked and replaced by Zola who frittered funds and then won 2 in 24.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I hope Mr C has got over his phase of looking at unknown foreign coaches with little on their CVs.

 

That would be a good start.

 

No Billy Von Tinkelwinkle from Armenian 2nd Division side FC Surefire Batteries etc.

Why.... Sounds great.

 

We got Tinkelwinkle 

We got Tinklewinkle 

La la la la..

 

lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

If we get anywhere near £5m off fat boy I do really feel we should go and get Paul Cook but I doubt he’s on Chansiri radar , he wants a name 

 

fully expect him to go after someone mad like he did with Villas Boas and Fonseca,  might even try and speak to Allardyce 

 

That's my thinking too. I don't think he will want to mess about with this appointment. It could be a big name, someone high profile with contacts or links to big clubs. Got a good feeling about it, that it could be an appointment that makes a statement, and that there might be something in the GVB rumours or it might be someone similar.Also, if there's something in the Zola or Jol odds, might we be thinking of a double team or DOF or something like that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are not far off being a very good side. The foundations have been set for us to be attacking next season. This rules out managers such as Karanka, Pulis, Carlos and most of the old school british managers on offer.

I think we need someone up and coming who buys into the high intensity, attack at all costs mentality. I know we all hate him but there has to be another Wilder out there who is not a pig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon GVB is definitely someone he will TRY to talk to ...   wether he picks up the phone who knows 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Maybe we'll end up with a revolutionary 46 managerial committee. Then depending on results, we could get rid of one each time we lose. It will be like the manager out threads after each and every defeat... :ph34r:WTF::ghoulguy: lol

Edited by The Night-Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

I hope Mr C has got over his phase of looking at unknown foreign coaches with little on their CVs.

 

That would be a good start.

 

No Billy Von Tinkelwinkle from Armenian 2nd Division side FC Surefire Batteries etc.

 

Billy Von Tinkelwinkle could end up being the greatest manager in the history of the English game.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

At Birmingham rescued them from relegation and took them from 21st in league up to 10th in half a season.  Following year, with an average at best squad and little funds had them in 7th challenging for play offs and over performimg only to be undeservedly sacked and replaced by Zola who frittered funds and then won 2 in 24.

 

Then had a better squad at both Derby and Stoke and did nothing, it's all about opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dobbo said:

 

Not quite sure how you can say he just did an ok job at Brum, he performed miracles to get that side anywhere near the top half of the table.

They finished 10th in what was not a really competitive season for the championship, imo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How funny would it be if Bruce rocks up at Northampton. Newcastle appoint the french guy and it’s all been testicles?  Somethings really not adding up at the moment. It’s bizzarre

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Plonk said:

How funny would it be if Bruce rocks up at Northampton. Newcastle appoint the french guy and it’s all been testicles?  Somethings really not adding up at the moment. It’s bizzarre

If official announcements are anything to go by, ie none so far from anyone, you could be on the money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Plonk said:

How funny would it be if Bruce rocks up at Northampton. Newcastle appoint the french guy and it’s all been testicles?  Somethings really not adding up at the moment. It’s bizzarre

Jesus that would be too surreal, would have to be for a new episode of Game For a Laugh

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a boring day on the betting odds front. No changes from what I can see. Bloody Zola still favourite :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who’s chuffin piling on Zola ffs!? Best not be that clown! Cracking player but just not a manager. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...