Odds For The New Manager

Guest domSWFC

Just get Holloway, he's in the same category as Monk, Rowett etc. But the football and press conferences would be much more entertaining. Rather lose 6-5 than lose 1-0 with no shots on target. 

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

for fun who's going to be the next sky bet odds on fav  con?

I'll start Nigel pearson

I'll go for Roland Nilsson to be the next odds on favourite but got a strong feeling that the lucky winner is probably not even on the betting list and will probably be some obscure Carlos or Jos type :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Just get Holloway, he's in the same category as Monk, Rowett etc. But the football and press conferences would be much more entertaining. Rather lose 6-5 than lose 1-0 with no shots on target. 

He is a lunatic, definitely gone.

12 hours ago, s6 owl said:

I lumped on Bullen at 5/1 earlier and now he has drifted out to 8/1. FFS.

The performance we put up against QPR would get a permanent manager sack so there is no hope such a performance would get a temporary guy the job. Thin you could put him out to 100-1 after that one especially when you consider the way we have played in las few.

Think activity shows DC has decided to appoint a manger and we are currently going through options. I suspect we have contacted monk and asked him to come for interview.

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You can argue semantics all you like, but until he's given the job on a permanent basis, Bullen is the caretaker manager.

In case you're unsure, when a permanent manager is appointed, they'll quickly bring in some coaches so that our first team aren't being trained by assorted academy staff.

Its not really semantic though is it?, he is currently managing the first team squad, his title means nothing. Other teams class the top man as 'head coach' does that mean as they dont have manager tag they are some how less in charge!???

Im not unsure of management structures at all, indeed you're right, many come in and want to bring staff with them, but not always. You've literally no idea as to what the future management structure will be. It depends on what DC is willing to fund, who knows perhaps a new bloke would want Bully as assistant and promote coaches from within!?. Neither you or i know, its just pure speculation. Only DC has the answers and he aint talking!!!

11 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Where did this 100 applicants come from?

98 of them were people who fancied their chances after doing well on 'Football Manager'. Another was Bullen and the last was Rowett.

Bullen has proved he's not up to the job, Rowett wasn't even interviewed according to him, so it looks like we might get someone who's good at computer games. WTF: