Odds For The New Manager

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Another day and still no closer to announcing a new manager by the looks of it. What a shambles. 7 weeks, 7 flippingweeks. 

But for 2 of those weeks after beating Reading and Barnsley not many of us were bothered. 

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Another day and still no closer to announcing a new manager by the looks of it. What a shambles. 7 weeks, 7 flippingweeks. 

22 minutes ago, bradowl said:

But for 2 of those weeks after beating Reading and Barnsley not many of us were bothered. 

Plenty on here are using words like 'shamble' and 'clueless', and referencing 7 weeks without a manager!!?, but thats just not the case though is it?, Bullen IS the manager, like it or not thats a fact, he's been in charge of first team affairs since Bruce fooked off. Plus,  to be fair, we not actually got ANY concrete proof that DC is actually after a new manager, its all purely rumours, of which so far all have proved complete poo !!. No one knows DC's thinking, has he given Bullen the chance for first 6 games?, and has he now, this past week, decided Bullen isnt right for job??. If thats the case then its not been 7 weeks waiting for an announcement, its a week since qpr loss. But again we don't know as the communication from the top to the fans is zero, and clearly driving many a bit loopy!!!

20 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Plenty on here are using words like 'shamble' and 'clueless', and referencing 7 weeks without a manager!!?, but thats just not the case though is it?, Bullen IS the manager, like it or not thats a fact, he's been in charge of first team affairs since Bruce fooked off. Plus,  to be fair, we not actually got ANY concrete proof that DC is actually after a new manager, its all purely rumours, of which so far all have proved complete poo !!. No one knows DC's thinking, has he given Bullen the chance for first 6 games?, and has he now, this past week, decided Bullen isnt right for job??. If thats the case then its not been 7 weeks waiting for an announcement, its a week since qpr loss. But again we don't know as the communication from the top to the fans is zero, and clearly driving many a bit loopy!!!

You can argue semantics all you like, but until he's given the job on a permanent basis, Bullen is the caretaker manager.

In case you're unsure, when a permanent manager is appointed, they'll quickly bring in some coaches so that our first team aren't being trained by assorted academy staff.

Guest Ferkorf
25 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

No one knows DC's thinking, has he given Bullen the chance for first 6 games?, and has he now, this past week, decided Bullen isnt right for job??. If thats the case then its not been 7 weeks waiting for an announcement, its a week since qpr loss. 

I genuinely think this theory could be true.

In Dc's mind Bullen is the manager so hes let him carry on regardless. I bet the target was 12 out of 18 points (Bullen was especially gutted after Qpr game) target wasnt me Dc  realised this isn't going to work long term (Hopefully unless he is truly bat shizzle crazy)....

Then started a serious search for a manger hence the betting markets moving quicker than usual.

Who knows... not me thats for sure lol

8 hours ago, Lump On said:

If its one thing i've learnt about the manager betting odds on Wednesday.... they mean nothing. 

My post on here sent odds from 9-1 to odds on fave in a matter of hours although as i have said a thousand times loads of other people had the same tip.

This Cowley ones seems exactly same, info leaked and now where 3 days down line and all indications are he's not interested.

How many have sky reported on though? That's usually a sign there's some truth in it

7 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

I worry for you, when you can barely hold on for several minutes, let alone several more weeks... WTF:

We gotta go through lumping on all of them, until we'll probably end up with someone obscure and not even on the list :ghoulguy:

Several more weeks! Shut your rotten dirty mouth. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, vulva said:

There is a direct correlation between this betting market and the fact no frigger has got any clue whatsoever what DC’s plan is. 

I understand why DC keeps quiet, but our local journalist are feckin useless. The vacuum of information is a gift to a online bookie to fake  report interest i have followed markets like this hoping to repeat the successful coup on laws to burnley  and I've never known this series of more plunges down to odds on by people who shouldn't even be mentioned in the context of our manager 

Bullen

Hughton

Zola

Pulis

Coleman

Rowett

Campbell

Neil

Cowley   ( still hope )

Monk

have I missed any?  

I have a few fears 

A) DC sees no rush and is going to persist with Bullen

B) He has no idea who to appoint 

C) We are being turned down by a series of actual targets

D) The impending review of the groundsale a ramifications are affecting candidates view of our ability to spend

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Several more weeks! Shut your rotten dirty mouth. 

might even be longer than that, depending upon when the season is written off, then we can start playing promotion form to stay up or remain mid table again... It's got the similar feeling to the past couple of seasons... :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I understand why DC keeps quiet, but our local journalist are feckin useless. The vacuum of information is a gift to a online bookie to fake  report interest i have followed markets like this hoping to repeat the successful coup on laws to burnley  and I've never known this series of more plunges down to odds on by people who shouldn't even be mentioned in the context of our manager 

Bullen

Hughton

Zola

Pulis

Coleman

Rowett

Campbell

Neil

Cowley   ( still hope )

Monk

have I missed any?  

I have a few fears 

A) DC sees no rush and is going to persist with Bullen

B) He has no idea who to appoint 

C) We are being turned down by a series of actual targets

D) The impending review of the groundsale a ramifications are affecting candidates view of our ability to spend

A) + B) = mid table/lower half struggle, until we bring in an obscure Carlos or Jos type or some out of work has been to rescue the season, to keep us in the division, probably long after all hope of top 6 is gone... :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

A) + B) = mid table/lower half struggle, until we bring in an obscure Carlos or Jos type or some out of work has been to rescue the season, to keep us in the division, probably long after all hope of top 6 is gone... :ph34r:

acknowledging that DC is not at fault for being shafted by a manager he supported

normally you'd expect someone or powers that be to realise that the season starts at the first match if you're serious about promotion 

Someone wisely noticed before the season started  that we could be top due to a series of seemingly easy matches at the start    I just wonder if the early results paused the search which should have been and I hope it was urgent 

Whilst i still think the Cowleys may come I and worried now we are being turned down by people and as Night says above he'll unveil a complete unknown from god knows where