Odds For The New Manager

I don't doubt he's a nice guy and possibly Wednesday through and through but what we need is a modern manager who has enthusiasm, arrogance, desire and when necessary a ruthless streak.

I think Bullen with his ideas and methods has been part of the failures for too long and it's too ingrained for him to change. 

It really is time to take a gamble and bring in a totally new management team. From the names suggested i personally would choose the Cowleys or Rowett.

Edited by sacré bleu

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Betting suspended on sky bet, is something happening.

It's been suspended a few times before too and we've had numerous favourites and a few going odds on, yet nothing happened despite tantrums and lumping on... Surely, something needs to happen soon. The international break is the ideal time but who knows what DC is planning or thinking.

We had an ideal proven manager to get us up but even worse than him leaving us in the lurch was the timing. Despite it being early days in the season, it would take a miracle for us to go up this season. We need rebuilding. Whoever comes in, will need time and it's very rare for teams to go up to the top flight after changing managers. I think it's going to be another season wasted or of rebuilding. That's why I would avoid the usual out of work merry-go-round types and would prefer going for a high profile foreign manager or an EFL manager on the rise, by building an identity and a way of playing that the players and fans can buy into and believe in.

11 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

Sorry if already been posted that on sky bet it’s saying that the event is not available?

A non event like our last few poor performances or maybe they've become bored of waiting for anything concrete to happen? 

Seriously, though, it's nothing unusual for them to suspend betting from time to time. It's already been suspended a few other times before, I think?

Just go get the Cowley's or Alex Neil, Chansiri. We missed the boat in the past with the likes of Dean Smith. Bruce was the right man at last but we're in danger of going backwards again and wasting yet another season. We need to be smart and forward thinking like Villa were by replacing Bruce with Smith. We need to rebuild and build an ethos and a way of playing, similar in the past to the likes of now established top flight clubs like Watford; Leicester, Bournemouth and Burnley, etc and more recently similar to the likes of Brighton; Huddersfield, Norwich, the Pigs and Villa. An experienced manager that was decent several years ago won't be the quick fix some of us seem to think, especially as it's rare for clubs to go up from this level after bringing in a new man during the season, it would be smarter to be more forward long term thinking by going for someone on the rise like the Cowley's.

Really wouldn’t surprise me if DC does nothing, we hear nothing from the club and Bullen is still in charge for our next league game after the international break. It really is a poor situation we are in. No team should be 6 games in to a new season and still have a caretaker in charge. We need leadership, direction, but we aren’t getting that from Bullen or DC. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really wouldn’t surprise me if DC does nothing, we hear nothing from the club and Bullen is still in charge for our next league game after the international break. It really is a poor situation we are in. No team should be 6 games in to a new season and still have a caretaker in charge. We need leadership, direction, but we aren’t getting that from Bullen or DC. 

Agree, but I'd go further and state we shouldn't have started the season without a manager, said so at the time. 

Dress it up any way we like, but we were given a wee wee easy start with fixtures. As we stand at the first international break, we've given 10 other teams a head start.

9 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Betting suspended on sky bet, is something happening.

7 hours ago, Owlsend said:

Sorry if already been posted that on sky bet it’s saying that the event is not available?

4 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Don't know if anyones noticed but skybet have got rid of the option to bet on the next manager

A few people have noticed yeah

• Haha 1