Odds For The New Manager

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Who would have as manager?  And if that manager lost two games against similar games to Preston and Millwall would you want him to be sacked?

Seems to me your setting the bar to a very high standard.

The Chairman supposedly wants promotion, does he not?  You don’t win promotion by losing the type of games Bullen has. I think Bruce got draws at both Millwall and Preston last season. At the end of the day we had the manager who was most likely to get us promotion. Granted you can’t win every game. What you can’t win, you draw. 3 defeats in 18 matches last season. That’s why Bruce has the track record at this level that he has. We should be going for someone as close to Bruce that we can get. Failing that we go for someone who’s proven of having teams in and around the Top 6. 

Bullen will never ever cut it as a manager here because most fans expect him to fall flat on his ar$e. Good club man but after every defeat there will be more of an outcry and an inquest than what you would get, if we had a proven experienced manager? I might be talking b*ll***s, but hey no different to 60% of posters on here :biggrin:

Edited by Great Big Galaa
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The Chairman supposedly wants promotion, does he not?  You don’t win promotion by losing the type of games Bullen has. I think Bruce got draws at both Millwall and Preston last season. At the end of the day we had the manager who was most likely to get us promotion. Granted you can’t win every game. What you can’t win, you draw. 3 defeats in 18 matches last season. That’s why Bruce has the track record at this level that he has. We should be going for someone as close to Bruce that we can get. Failing that we go for someone who’s proven of having teams in and around the Top 6. 

Bullen will never ever cut it as a manager here because most fans expect him to fall flat on his ar$e. Good club man but after every defeat there will be more of an outcry and an inquest than what you would get, if we had a proven experienced manager? I might be talking b*ll***s, but hey no different to 60% of posters on here :biggrin:

Cheers good response, not sure about Bullen myself.  I can't think of anyone who excites me at the moment there doesn't appear to be a groundswell of opinion amongst the fans for anyone either. 

Can see someone from abroad coming in.  But whilst Bullen keeps in touch with the top six, DC will keep him in the hot seat.  

Edited by Mycroft

43 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Cheers good response, not sure about Bullen myself.  I can't think of anyone who excites me at the moment there doesn't appear to be a groundswell of opinion amongst the fans for anyone either. 

Can see someone from abroad coming in.  But whilst Bullen keeps in touch with the top six, DC will keep him in the hot seat.  

Yes but who does he want as manager ?

45 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

When I started this post I expected it to last 2 weeks tops, my god has it dragged on and has become a complete farce.

It has become a farce. However, this thread has brought us hours of fun, intrigue and anticipation...

feel better now? lol

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, striker said:

I was positive about Bullen after Barnsley  but since the decline has been dramatic. 

We look clueless. Needs a proper manager in asap before we restart after the international break. 

The signs were on the wall even as early as Barnsley

They had over 50% possession

Both our goals came from Barnsley errors

We desperately need a manager

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

16 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

The signs were on the wall even as early as Barnsley

They had over 50% possession

Both our goals came from Barnsley errors

We desperately need a manager

Cant argue with that. We do concede possession of the football an awful lot considering the players we have who supposedly like to play football. 

We do need a manager to give the team a footballing identity aligned to a vision, not just lurching game to game. 

Edited by striker