Blue and white

Odds For The New Manager

Personally I think we won't appoint anyone until either we go on a bad run or at least 10 games into the season purely based on the fact that now that the 3 Steve's have left we are saving 100k a week in wages which can only help our FFP situation..............crafty DC

53 minutes ago, Harry Cannister said:

Personally I think we won't appoint anyone until either we go on a bad run or at least 10 games into the season purely based on the fact that now that the 3 Steve's have left we are saving 100k a week in wages which can only help our FFP situation..............crafty DC

It could be a costly economy. If we appoint a good manager who gets us challenging at the end of the season any points dropped now due to bad management could cost us dear.

I'm not saying LB is going to cost us points. Just that if DC wants to appoint a manager he thinks has more chance of getting promotion, it's better to do it earlier rather than later. Saving £100k per week (I think it's more like £60k) could cost us £120m or whatever promotion is worth these days.

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

We seem to have lost a manager at the right time for him!  Look at August's fixtures...he must be rubbing his hands together.  

Yeah yeah, every game in the Championship is hard, you can only beat what's in front of you, blah blah blah, but come on...what an opportunity for him.  

What opportunity?

He's on a hiding to nothing with some fans.

Win six out of six and it counts for nothing: "easy fixtures that any manager would have won. Let's see how he does against decent opposition." Someone even posted earlier that 4 wins would be considered failure.

And let's not forget, however well or badly the team perform, it's on the back of Bullen and the academy coaches. How much better could he do with an experienced assistant and another quality coach?

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

We seem to have lost a manager at the right time for him!  Look at August's fixtures...he must be rubbing his hands together.  

Yeah yeah, every game in the Championship is hard, you can only beat what's in front of you, blah blah blah, but come on...what an opportunity for him.  

GONADS, not one team in this division would be rubbing their hands about going to Millwall tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Don't know about that, there are no guarantees in football and especially at this level. Some of those are the types of fixtures we slipped up in, even when we made the play-offs. There's no guarantee that even Bruce would have won those games, if he was still here. Millwall away will be tricky, they've started quite well. Luton won't be easy either.

How often at this level do we see surprise results or bottom teams beat top teams, on their day, almost anyone can beat anyone at this level. Everyone plays everyone eventually, I remember last season some people saying the Pigs had had a kind run of games, yet they stayed up there. Points are points, regardless of who they're against, just gotta keep racking them up and proving people wrong.

2 hours ago, Harry Cannister said:

If we are sticking with Bullen then we need another coach or two to come in and help out anyway.

We are essentially 3 down after those 3 left for newcastle.

31 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Someone even posted earlier that 4 wins would be considered failure.

That was me and It would be.

12 points from the first 6 minimum based on form since Jos left and  if we are expected to challenge for top 6 and not have another mediocre season.

If we cant beat teams like millwall Barnsley reading with the group of players we have then we are in a relegation fight this season

• Haha 2

Chansiri arrived into Sheff yesterday

33 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

12 points from the first 6 minimum based on form since Jos left and  if we are expected to challenge for top 6 and not have another mediocre season.

12 from 6 = auto promotion form. And that is your minimum requirement. So i guess a point at milwall wouldn't be good enough, even though 7 points from 3 is also auto promotion form. In fact if we get 7 from 3 throught the season we will pizz the league with record points.

4 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

12 from 6 = auto promotion form. And that is your minimum requirement. So i guess a point at milwall wouldn't be good enough, even though 7 points from 3 is also auto promotion form. In fact if we get 7 from 3 throught the season we will pizz the league with record points.

And hopefully we do because thats why we are here... Lol 

Uto!

Edited by Ferkorf

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

ITK or stalker? :ph34r:

Follow him on "findmyphone" ;-)

• Like 1

What will happen first

a)Sheffield Wednesday get a new manager or

b)Brexit

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

What will happen first

b)Brexit

Very wrong section !

41 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

What will happen first

b)Brexit

I assume we are going to appoint someone in the next 100 years. So...

• Haha 2

I think we need to stick with our current playing style this season, whether we stick with Bully full time or not. I can see it becoming Bullen's job but if not, we need someone to come in, who will play to our strengths and not drastically change too much. 

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

What will happen first

b)Brexit

Forget Brexit. We need to SYP to sort Leppexit first.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hughton or Rowett to Huddersfield? 

If Hughton goes to Huddersfield after apparently turning us down then he’s a fekin idiot and we’ve dodged a bullet

Be gutted if Huddersfield managed to get Cowley from Lincoln.