Jump to content

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

But no matter what manager we had in charge at the start of the season we should have expected to win most of our first 6 games with the players we have. 

Preston away is the only tricky one where we usually play crap.

Hudders away on 15th of sept is when the real season starts and thats when poo will hit the fan no doubt. Thats when we will need a manager in.

Thats when Bullen will be tested and hopefully wont end up in meltdown like did last year

 

 

You don’t remember MKD, or Burton, or Rotherham, or Charlton, or Wigan, or QPR, or Ipswich? 

 

All teams we should have beaten.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

 

We usually play crap at Reading.

 

We've a poor points return in South Yorkshire derbies under Mr Chansiri's reign.

 

We've taken 6 points from Reading and Barnsley.

 

Millwall away will be a tough test, without doubt. Any attitude of turning up expecting to win and we'll lose the game.

 

Any team in this division genuinely can beat anyone, expecting wins is nonsense. The next two home games look a good opportunity to collect maximum points, but I also remember the "easy" games in our promotion chase under Carlos. Didn't we draw 0-0 at home against a team who didn't have a goalkeeper and people were predicting double figures? lol

 

Right so you didnt start the season absolutely thinking this is the best run of fixtures to start the season we could have asked for?

Or you started it thinking OMG we are going to be bottom of table? 

Seriously even Bullen would have been licking his lips knowing these games are more than winnable.

Im sure if the first 6 were cardiff fulham stoke hull leeds and wba then most fans would have been crying chocolate tears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

 

You don’t remember MKD, or Burton, or Rotherham, or Charlton, or Wigan, or QPR, or Ipswich? 

 

All teams we should have beaten.

Yes clearly I do...

But these are winnable games.

Thats all Im saying.

If you want to stroll down memories cast your mind back to burton. We lost 3-0 Bullen was in tears almost after the game. Thats what I dont want to see happen again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Right so you didnt start the season absolutely thinking this is the best run of fixtures to start the season we could have asked for?

Or you started it thinking OMG we are going to be bottom of table? 

Seriously even Bullen would have been licking his lips knowing these games are more than winnable.

Im sure if the first 6 were cardiff fulham stoke hull leeds and wba then most fans would have been crying chocolate tears

 

No, I looked at the fixture list and thought we had the chance of a decent start - something we don't usually do. I don't take anything for granted - being a Wednesday fan for 35 years has taught me that!

 

History also tells me Wednesday play better/get better results against the tougher opposition, and usually f*ck up against the so-called "easy" games! lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Yes clearly I do...

But these are winnable games.

Thats all Im saying.

If you want to stroll down memories cast your mind back to burton. We lost 3-0 Bullen was in tears almost after the game. Thats what I dont want to see happen again.

 

He's lucky............................................I was in tears :sad:

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Yes clearly I do...

But these are winnable games.

Thats all Im saying.

If you want to stroll down memories cast your mind back to burton. We lost 3-0 Bullen was in tears almost after the game. Thats what I dont want to see happen again.

 

 

Sir Alex was close to tears when City thumped United 6-1 at Old Trafford, but those games happen even to the best of them. I won't lose sleep over Bullen losing 3-0 to Burton from 18 months ago.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Don't think Bullen is in the running personally, he is the bookies man and has  been for some time, DC could have appointed him at any time but he hasn't and that speaks volumes.

I honestly think we are waiting for our man.

 

Don't know for certain one way or another but I'd have thought Bully would now at least have worked himself into contention and consideration? This is now his third spell as caretaker, he's twice held the fort since Jos and our form since Jos is all the more remarkable considering the upheaval during that time.

 

Although to be honest, my ideal choice would have been someone high profile or on the rise, Bully's earnt himself a shot at it and it appears to me to be his to lose now. If he doesn't get it, the new man will have to be someone high profile or doing well somewhere to justify not giving it to Bully. I think he's going to get it eventually, he seems like the right man at the right time but if it doesn't work or he doesn't get it I'd go for someone like Cook or Cowley or a high profile young foreign manager.

Edited by The Night-Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

I hope not. 
Think if we are bringing in a new manager then must give him leeway to bring in his own coaches.
If that doesn't include see a new role for Lee Bullen then so be it.
Yes Lee Bullen is very popular with us all but the club don't owe him a job for life. No room for sentiment in football.

 

22 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

Don’t think it’s up to the new manager tbh.

I think most clubs nowadays have a coaching set-up in place & a new manager brings in a couple of “his” people to compliment the team already there. I can understand the confusion as obviously this modern way is new to us. It helps when you sack a manger you don’t have to pay off & then recruit a whole team of people each time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

Maybe before when Bullen didn’t throw his name in the hat. Another manager may not feel comfortable working with someone that quite a lot of fans think should be manager now. Be awkward if we have a bad run and everyone’s saying we should have gave it to someone on your coaching staff. Don’t think it’s clear cut Bullen stays this time. 

You may have a point, I just think because he values Bullen and knows he can be trusted, Chansiri may insist he stays as part of any new managers coaching set-up. Unless it’s a deal breaker of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

You may have a point, I just think because he values Bullen and knows he can be trusted, Chansiri may insist he stays as part of any new managers coaching set-up. Unless it’s a deal breaker of course. 

I think if Bullen doesn’t get the job this time he never will. If he values Bullen and trusts him just give him the job! Bully has aspirations to be a manager and that may end up being elsewhere. I think if Bullen doesn’t get the job he won’t be here under the new coaching department. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

I think if Bullen doesn’t get the job this time he never will. If he values Bullen and trusts him just give him the job! Bully has aspirations to be a manager and that may end up being elsewhere. I think if Bullen doesn’t get the job he won’t be here under the new coaching department. 

I like Bully and he’s never let us down, I just don’t think long term he’s the man for the job. I suppose I’d like the best of both worlds with a new manager & Bullys services retained. Like you say I think if he does have managerial aspirations he may have to fulfill them somewhere else which would be a shame as the events of the past month show how much having a character like LB around is invaluable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yellowbelly said:

I like Bully and he’s never let us down, I just don’t think long term he’s the man for the job. I suppose I’d like the best of both worlds with a new manager & Bullys services retained. Like you say I think if he does have managerial aspirations he may have to fulfill them somewhere else which would be a shame as the events of the past month show how much having a character like LB around is invaluable.

He’s not my first choice either but circumstances have changed. I wanted someone proven, it seems the proven manager we wanted Hughton didn’t want the job, coincidentally got the Newcastle job under very similar circumstances as a caretaker! They’ve all got to start somewhere and the reward for us is greater than the risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No reason to upset the apple cart atm 

 

BitOfBulleh.jpg.d0edfbcf75c25e2394240bc4fe532654.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said before and ill say it again, dont want him in charge, even if hes beaten a couple of poxy teams.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Right so you didnt start the season absolutely thinking this is the best run of fixtures to start the season we could have asked for?

Or you started it thinking OMG we are going to be bottom of table? 

Seriously even Bullen would have been licking his lips knowing these games are more than winnable.

Im sure if the first 6 were cardiff fulham stoke hull leeds and wba then most fans would have been crying chocolate tears

Completely disagree when people keep saying this side is easier than this etc. Its arrogant to think teams are weaker than you. This is the the championship , there are no easy games all teams should be treated with the same respect, attitude of mind is vital otherwise you will get rightly bitten on the posterior!!

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

like Bully and he’s never let us down, I just don’t think long term he’s the man for the job

When did we last have a long term manager? And what makes you think we get one this time. Come to think of it, which clubs..especially in the championship have had a long term manager.

None on the list look long term to me.

Nah, no such thing as a right fit long termer, that just happens by default...if very lucky

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

Completely disagree when people keep saying this side is easier than this etc. Its arrogant to think teams are weaker than you. This is the the championship , there are no easy games all teams should be treated with the same respect, attitude of mind is vital otherwise you will get rightly bitten on the posterior!!

On paper the first 6 are easier than the 6 after anybody would agree with that even Lee Bullen himself.

My point is if they give him the job after getting points from the first few games of reading, Barnsley, millwall and luton then that would be a poor decision, very poor.

If they are going with Bullen I'd rather them give him a lot longer, by all means give him a chance give him the tougher games. But he will get thrown under the bus first loss by our so called fans.

Lets face facts if he would have lost the first two it would be pure meltdown on here now begging for pulis rowett stendal cowley etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

Completely disagree when people keep saying this side is easier than this etc. Its arrogant to think teams are weaker than you. This is the the championship , there are no easy games all teams should be treated with the same respect, attitude of mind is vital otherwise you will get rightly bitten on the posterior!!

Sorry I disagree.

 

Imagine you are in contention for a play off place last year and there are 3 games left who would you rather play Norwich, The Pigs and Leeds or Ipswich, Bolton and the mini pigs.

 

Games don't always go with form particularly for us but the first 3 are definitely going to be more challenging the others.

 

I agree that there are no easy games but some are easier than others. Even the poor teams deserve respect as you rightly say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, camffiti said:

No reason to upset the apple cart atm 

 

BitOfBulleh.jpg.d0edfbcf75c25e2394240bc4fe532654.jpg

Photo-shopped that - Bullen wouldn't be seen dead in a red and white striped shirt!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, prowl said:

Imagine you are in contention for a play off place last year and there are 3 games left who would you rather play Norwich, The Pigs and Leeds or Ipswich, Bolton and the mini pigs.

By that time its a bit easier to judge who are poor, mediocre or strong.

Would think Reading thought...at least we have a winnable home game to start..same thoughts for Barnsley I would think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...