Odds For The New Manager

wish we'd ask lincoln for permission to talk to cowley  i know he's an honourable lad an all that but quadruple his wages which will prob be FA  rekaively to real life  pay the compensation to his club and he'll come sure of it 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

wish we'd ask lincoln for permission to talk to cowley  i know he's an honourable lad an all that but quadruple his wages which will prob be FA  rekaively to real life  pay the compensation to his club and he'll come sure of it 

He would have been my choice. I don't own the club though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steelowl said:

My first choice as well. 

• Like 2

New manager, 2-3 new signings by this time next week and 3 points at Reading would be nice. Really am looking forward to the manager situation being sorted and the transfer window closing so we can just concentrate on the football. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

Can’t wait to for Saturday 3pm 

That's all I'm looking forward to as well. Hurry up footie season and just kick off. Fed up with all the other off the field business and nonsense. Sod all that ugly side of the game. What it comes down to whatever happens is essentially 3pm, the excitement and atmosphere of the old game we love and forgetting about everything else for 90+ minutes.

I'm not convinced that this manager or that is over the hump.

For me, it's more a case of a manager fitting a particular club than anything else.

And more than that it's if he fits its players.

Pulis isn't bobbar.

In fact, he's got a very good managerial pedigree.

Personally, I don't care about his style of play.

But I question if we've the players to make his style work.

And there ain't much time left to wheel and deal.

Whoever we get, it won't be a manager who's currently on top form.

It's likely to be someone who's been good, but whose stock has fallen of late.

Pulis wouldn't have touched us with a barge pole five years ago.

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

Those who want Cowley probably thought 12 months ago that Paul Hurst was nailed on to be the next Guardiola.

Thinking exactly the same as I read down the thread. There is no science or predictable format to this. Just right person, right place and right time....

....just please not Chris Coleman

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

They certainly play direct but most do in league 2. 

Big jump from lumping it long to managing ex prem & international footballers. Would need to prove himself at a level above Lincoln before I’d even consider him for a Championship club with aspirations towards promotion.

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Those who want Cowley probably thought 12 months ago that Paul Hurst was nailed on to be the next Guardiola.

^^^this

the majority of our fans are morons