Odds For The New Manager

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

It is odd isn't it - if he has been approached, and he's waited days to confirm he's not interested he must have been at least open to the possibility of becoming the manager. What indeed has been offered for him to turn it down? I can't imagine it's money.

My worry is DC has reacted to SB's actions and potentially inserted a fair few restrictive clauses that understandably protects SWFC. They may be too protective for some of the candidates. My view is if we want a high-calibre manager with football-wide respect and contacts, we may have to just accept they could walk if offered another 'bigger' job. Isn't this just reality?

It may be but I wouldn't want us to accept it. Changing manager is expensive, mainly because the new manager might want different players to play a different system. We need compensation if it happens because we are up against P & S.

I'd be looking at Northern European and Eastern European managers nor Southern European ones. The types of football in Portugal,spain, italy etc are too different to ours and it would take too long to adjust.

I coming round to the opinion that we should just let Lee Bullen have a run at being the manager. He's got Owl blood running through his veins and the passion to do his best for us. Better than appointing someone we don't really want.

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, Pulcinella said:

I coming round to the opinion that we should just let Lee Bullen have a run at being the manager. He's got Owl blood running through his veins and the passion to do his best for us. Better than appointing someone we don't really want.

Nooooòoooooooo 

Thinking about what Holloway said the other day about us he was right about us needing an attack minded manager/coach to get the most out of our attacking players. I think we will regress with a more defensive minded manager, such as a Rowett, Pulis or Karanka. I've got a horrible feeling we'll appoint one of those or an obscure underwhelming appointment.

When a more forward thinking; progressive and attack minded appointment, such as a Jokanovic; Stendel, Silva, GVB or Tedesco, for example. Could build upon Bruce's solid foundations and take further what we've already got, in a similar way to Villa when they replaced Bruce with Dean Smith. We should be more forward thinking, ambitious or progressive and thinking more along the same lines as Villa. We need to ignore the defensive minded; has beens, failures, obscure job hoppers and the multiple sacked typical names.

Edited by The Night-Owl

13 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

I thought this way about Peter Eustace.

I was 14.

I was wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest domSWFC

Jose Peseiro 25/1

Portuguese, managed Braga and Sporting. 

Assistant Manager at Real Madrid back in 04.

Could he be one of those Portuguese managers on the Short list mentioned by Nixon? 

20 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Jose Peseiro 25/1

Could he be one of those Portuguese managers on the Short list mentioned by Nixon? 

Could be, mentioned him the other day when he first appeared in the betting. Didn't DC's original choice pre-Carlos, Fonseca manage Braga and Carlos himself too? Don't know what the fascination with Portuguese is or why we seem attracted to obscure or out of work job hoppers. If we go foreign, there's nothing wrong with it, if we went for someone on the rise, high profile or someone already over here or familiar with the EFL.

Edited by The Night-Owl

19 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Jose Peseiro 25/1

Bloody hell have you seen how many teams he’s managed? He makes Carlos look like Wenger. 

• Haha 1