Odds For The New Manager

34 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Paxo still very much at the heart of the operation then. 

Who lined Steve Bruce up ? 

3 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

I can beat your dismal holiday scenario.  On arrival at the site with the van we realised we'd forgotten the TV remote, undeterred we got out the dominos only for us to discover that they'd been in the cupboard that long that when we got them out of the box all the white dots fell off. :laugh:

A couple of years ago, I went camping with family and all it did was rain. Our spot was on a slope. There was a dog kennel mearby, they kept us awake all night. And one night of heavy rain, our tent flooded and all our clothes and food, and everything got soaked. That were a far bigger nightmare than this annoying surreal summer. WTF::ghoulguy:lol

Guest domSWFC

What I want from any manager that takes over is a philosophy. I want them to know how they want us to set up and play, even if it takes time. I want them to come in with a vision, looking to build for the future, using their own Methods. 

I'm sure Bullen, Pulis, or anyone like that could come in and do fine. I'm sure we'd be organised and well drilled. But I want more than that, I don't want us to have to set up to contain the opposition. Let us play our game, and have othee teams worry about us. 

Looks like being a poor choice now between some random Portuguese no hoper or one of the usual home based has beens or multiple failures? Hughton would have been a suitable replacement and a sign of ambition. Why don't we show some ambition and forward thinking by ignoring the obscure names and the has beens and failures, (the unappealing likes of Rowett; Monk, Coleman, Pulis, Holloway, etc) and go for a younger manager with some pedigree or on the rise rather than the decline, someone like Gio or Tedesco, instead of the usual names? 

My fear is after Bruce, with Hughton the seemingly top target supposedly ruling himself out, that we'll now go for someone like Pulis or Rowett or an obscure underwhelming appointment. As unlikely as they are, I'd much rather us go for someone like Giovanni Van Bronckhorst, Domenico Tedesco or Bruno Genesio or a foreign manager that's worked over here before like Slavisa Jokanović or a foreign coach already over here, rather than someone no-one has heard of with multiple jobs and sackings.

Guest oz_owl

With the Hughton and Rowett "news" the market shifted - Rowett odds tumbled and Hughton drifted.  On Sky Bet Hughton has come back in to 1/2 now.  Which is weird if him turning it down is from a genuine source - you'd expect the money to dry up for him completely.

1 minute ago, oz_owl said:

With the Hughton and Rowett "news" the market shifted - Rowett odds tumbled and Hughton drifted.  On Sky Bet Hughton has come back in to 1/2 now.  Which is weird if him turning it down is from a genuine source - you'd expect the money to dry up for him completely.

Might be playing hard to get in the hope of getting a better wage from us

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Sounds like we tried to tempt him but failed or failing. 

Bullen or a foreigner next ?

18 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

What I want from any manager that takes over is a philosophy. I want them to know how they want us to set up and play, even if it takes time. I want them to come in with a vision, looking to build for the future, using their own Methods. 

I'm sure Bullen, Pulis, or anyone like that could come in and do fine. I'm sure we'd be organised and well drilled. But I want more than that, I don't want us to have to set up to contain the opposition. Let us play our game, and have othee teams worry about us. 

we have to do ALL of that not bits, organised and attack our opposition.