Odds For The New Manager

12 hours ago, camffiti said:

20190727_225105.thumb.jpg.fad2d0a8f313b9cdbe86d006f0e68257.jpg

Typical. Supposed to be about Wednesday and yet they spend more time writing about the snake and his move to Newcastle. Even the first bit gets in a reference to A Premiership boss.

9 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Evidence, link?

Unbeaten last time, with a 50% win rate....better than bruce

And that was straight after jos, with most of the team punch drunk, bewildered or on the naughty step

Caretaker = no pressure

5 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

Caretaker = no pressure

I agree

Players giving a performance because they don't know who is in the stands watching

Gets given the job, some players won't give the same level of performance

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I agree

Players giving a performance because they don't know who is in the stands watching

Gets given the job, some players won't give the same level of performance

Easy then, indefinite caretaker..pizz the league no pressure

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Negged by walt cos bullen had a 50% win rate..

And thought foookin ell..where's the neg button

lol

Faulty thinking though innit. You flip a coin four times and get three heads... you can't draw the conclusion that the coin is weighted from 75% heads in four flips. Bullen's last run as caretaker ran for four games... winning two and drawing two is a heck of a decent run, but can't be indicative of a whole season.

Even combining both his runs as caretaker (with pretty much the same side both times), you still only get 8 games to judge him from. That's only very marginally better than 4 games, so it still isn't the fairest of measurements to form a judgement from... but 37.5% win rate suddenly doesn't look anywhere near as good.

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Faulty thinking though innit. You flip a coin four times and get three heads... you can't draw the conclusion that the coin is weighted from 75% heads in four flips. Bullen's last run as caretaker ran for four games... winning two and drawing two is a heck of a decent run, but can't be indicative of a whole season.

Even combining both his runs as caretaker (with pretty much the same side both times), you still only get 8 games to judge him from. That's only very marginally better than 4 games, so it still isn't the fairest of measurements to form a judgement from... but 37.5% win rate suddenly doesn't look anywhere near as good.

I was replying to his 'Bullen=relegation form"

But thanks for your interest

• Like 1

Let's face it, bullen would have an advantage over any prospective new manager based on the fact that he knows the players and club.  None of us know how the players are going to respond to bullen or any other candidate.  I would go one of two ways (obviously).  If we have no money to spend I'd give the job to bullen on a week to week contract and see how he does. On the other hand, If we have a few million to invest, I'd look for a manager who has a track record of investing wisely in players.  Either way I would be looking to give them short contracts so that when the time comes that the right man does become available we can go get him without busting the bank..in the mean time if bullen or whoever works out we can then offer them longer term contracts.

Guest Ferkorf
48 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Evidence, link?

Unbeaten last time, with a 50% win rate....better than bruce

And that was straight after jos, with most of the team punch drunk, bewildered or on the naughty step

No offence but I could have done as good as a job lifting the team after Jos. All they had to do was put westwood back in the net

3 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

No offence but I could have done as good as a job lifting the team after Jos. All they had to do was put westwood back in the net

And if they didn't want to play for you they could just call your name. :biggrin:

• Haha 2

On 25/07/2019 at 10:43, 1993swfc said:

I don’t think we aren’t trying to appoint a manager, but after 2 weeks since Steve Bruce told us he wants to leave. I don’t think it’s unfair to think by this point we should be a lot further along in the process.

Cmon then tell us what we don’t know