25 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I can’t help but think Pulis might be our best bet to gaining promotion 

Apart from at Middlesbrough, he’s done an excellent job everywhere he’s been, especially so at Stoke city.

His sides are extremely strong at the back, well organised and fit. Nobody was complaining in the 80’s when Wilkinson dragged the club up playing this way. Sometimes it’s about getting the job done, not how pleasing on the eye it is 

Stoke are the only team that he has been promoted to the premier league with.

Quite revealing that there is no ITK journos or the usual jokers on here about this. The bookies are laying different favourites every other day trying to milk the market. Literally nobody has a scooby who or what Chansiri is thinking or doing. Hopefully he’s got something up his sleeve and sharpish would like something ideally before the weekend but I can understand why he is not rushing this as it’s a big appointment in a seemingly underwhelming market place. This may rumble on a while longer.

28 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I can’t help but think Pulis might be our best bet to gaining promotion 

Apart from at Middlesbrough, he’s done an excellent job everywhere he’s been, especially so at Stoke city.

His sides are extremely strong at the back, well organised and fit. Nobody was complaining in the 80’s when Wilkinson dragged the club up playing this way. Sometimes it’s about getting the job done, not how pleasing on the eye it is 

That's the problem for me, it's 2019 and football has evolved. Pulis hasn't. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Stoke are the only team that he has been promoted to the premier league with.

..and bar Hughton, which other managers we've been linked with have won promotion to the premier league? 

Big Tone got them up, and kept them there year after year after year, 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

..and bar Hughton, which other managers we've been linked with have won promotion to the premier league? 

Big Tone got them up, and kept them there year after year after year, 

Its not about who we've been linked with,christ any bugger with a name seems to be on the list of potentials,yeh he got them up,good for them.

He'd be way,way,way down on my list of possibles.

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Where's @Penguin when you need him.

Neil has forgot his log in for that username. 

• Haha 2

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Neil has forgot his log in for that username. 

talking about logins where's that city fan SonofBert?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, striker said:

Yep, a lot like that, Mourhino being another example. Obviously on a different level but both adopt  an approach that has become outdated and ineffective.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

talking about logins where's that city fan SonofBert?

He'll be back after citeh have finished their pre season tour, FFS lol 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Somebody should go round and p - p - p - pick him up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, George said:

I wonder if all the people who don't judge Rowett on his failure at Stoke are the same ones who call Paul Jewell a terrible manager because he was gash with us but great everywhere else.

Personally I don't judge Rowett on his time with Stoke because it was clearly a poisoned chalice. However his failure to win anything or ever get promoted at his three previous clubs is what I do hold against him.

He has a promotion with Burton, albeit it was a promotion to League One, but then the following season left with Burton 2nd in League One to take the Birmingham job.

31 minutes ago, bobness said:

He's also hung like a horse

Crikey, that's 2 things me and Frank have in common now.

• Haha 2

I hope Nixon is right and DC is keeping options open, there's no need to rush into making an appointment at this stage. Bullen can just carry on whatever Bruce was doing tactically, and training wise, as well as even maybe pursuing his transfer targets. If we end up in a shocking situation 5 games into the season then maybe he'll have to act a bit faster, but I'm definitely not panicking at this stage, I'd actually be surprised if we have a new manager in charged for Reading.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Yep, a lot like that, Mourhino being another example. Obviously on a different level but both adopt  an approach that has become outdated and ineffective.

Because Wednesday are at the cutting edge of the sport, the Championship has left the Premier League behind...

Edited by Jamie_W

20 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Neil's forgotten the password

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I hope Nixon is right and DC is keeping options open, there's no need to rush into making an appointment at this stage. Bullen can just carry on whatever Bruce was doing tactically, and training wise, as well as even maybe pursuing his transfer targets. If we end up in a shocking situation 5 games into the season then maybe he'll have to act a bit faster, but I'm definitely not panicking at this stage, I'd actually be surprised if we have a new manager in charged for Reading.

And you believe those targets would sign for Bullen or a manager-less Wednesday? 

28 minutes ago, striker said:

Can you imagine Pulis here doused head to toe in Elev8 cobbler!! :tango:

• Haha 1

Personally think we need a new permanent manager naming ASAP, not Bullen or Pulis or Coleman. Would be okay us giving it to Rowett but it needs sorting. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

And you believe those targets would sign for Bullen or a manager-less Wednesday? 

Correct, because players go where they are paid, football isn't as sentimental as some would like to think.