Kanye West

BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

18 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I can’t say too much about the new manager apart from he is a big fan of Wednesday and has had two teams promoted from the Championship to the Premier League.

Conlisio et animals.

Haha

Just now, mrrodge said:

That site is incorrect. kovacevic left for little above nothing

Fair one.

I always got that assumption from Footie Manager, to be fair :ghoulguy:

4 hours ago, Minton said:

You do realise it's not like he's tearing up his contract right? He's resigning from managing the club, the contract is still in place and Newcastle will still have to pay compensation to release him from it, or he will simply be placed on gardening leave, unable to sign a new contract with a new employer, same as if we sacked him.

:Sid:

He has

Ash made an offer, £4.5M DC turned him down.

So Bruce resigns, ash offers less £0.5M less...now DC is in a very awkward and a no win situation...so he will probably take the £4m...he could of course still tell em to bollloxe, but after court costs / major hassle it's not worth fighting.

Bruce and Ashley have set this up...Though I think he's paid a lot more than he wanted to do. Well done DC......

According some though, Bruce has done nothing wrong. Granted, being a devious bent bastarde is not illegal

2 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Not sure how accurate this is, but I always thought Kovacevic was our record outgoing transfer?

kova.png

We never got 8 mill for darko. That’s testicles 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Owling said:

Yeah, and gi' us Sid back.

2 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Not sure how accurate this is, but I always thought Kovacevic was our record outgoing transfer?

kova.png

We got around 2.7 for Kovacevic when he left, around the same for Emerson Thome too

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

If Wednesday got a decent amount of compensation that we have made best out of a bad situation.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dooogs said:

I was just looking at transfermarkt - a couple of those 'record departure' figures look over-inflated - not just Kovacevic but Thome too...

Kovacevic seemed to be sold for gazillions by every subsequent club he went to. Don't suppose we negotiated a sell on clause.:ph34r:

3/4m for those boys would be wizards work. 

Just now, Pablo Bonvin said:

Kovacevic seemed to be sold for gazillions by every subsequent club he went to. Don't suppose we negotiated a sell on clause.:ph34r:

We did receive an healthy sell on fee

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Nah this would be better 

e7b0fe236483c9485dd7d96cdb2a5a6a.jpg

Thats far better looking than that odious turd. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

He has

Ash made an offer, £4.5M DC turned him down.

So Bruce resigns, ash offers less £0.5M less...now DC is in a very awkward and a no win situation...so he will probably take the £4m...he could of course still tell em to bollloxe, but after court costs / major hassle it's not worth fighting.

Bruce and Ashley have set this up...Though I think he's paid a lot more than he wanted to do. Well done DC......

According some though, Bruce has done nothing wrong. Granted, being a devious bent bastarde is not illegal

Wow how do you know more than Chansiri. Your source must be must be unbelievable! Yeah must be. 

7 minutes ago, Dooogs said:

I was just looking at transfermarkt - a couple of those 'record departure' figures look over-inflated - not just Kovacevic but Thome too...

They include sell on fees too. Remember kovacvic went for 17 m

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, domSWFC said:

They aren't allowed in the car park. That's where all the news happens. 

you mean like dogging n stuff?

7 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

We got around 2.7 for Kovacevic when he left, around the same for Emerson Thome too

Without knowing numbers involved I think we made more from the sell on fee than the actual sale. 

6 minutes ago, Guesswhosback said:

4M is a absolute steal for a average manager 

Geordies are impressed by that too.

4Million In modern football isn't a lot, only about two Joselu's, but to actually pay compensation to get this no hoper is what's galling! All they had to do was wait a few months and he would have been sacked anyway by Wednesday. It's what Bruce does. Get sacked. He'll be sacked by fatso before the seasons out.

What a circus Ashley has turned the club into to. There's only one course. Discourse. #Boycott everything Ashley.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Geordies are impressed by that too.

4Million In modern football isn't a lot, only about two Joselu's, but to actually pay compensation to get this no hoper is what's galling! All they had to do was wait a few months and he would have been sacked anyway by Wednesday. It's what Bruce does. Get sacked. He'll be sacked by fatso before the seasons out.

What a circus Ashley has turned the club into to. There's only one course. Discourse. #Boycott everything Ashley.

Irony is, Joselu just f*cked off to Alaves, so they have, no strikers, coz even without a manager Ashley will still sell everyone off. Or maybe he sold Joselu to pay towards the compensation for Bruce :Sid:

• Haha 1

If Ashley would have just paid the release fee, i think we would have all understood and wished Bruce all the best. What a mess.

it was proper stressing me out not being able to load up owlstalk properly for the last couple of hours! 

• Agree 2