BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:

How can you decide if that is the best action without knowing what’s in the contract or having sought legal advice? It’s just meaningless numbers and opinions on Twitter.

I said if it’s a pre agreed amount in the contract. I don’t know if it is, but it will boil down to that from here. 

2 hours ago, Tommycraign10others said:

Any respect left for Bruce disappears if this is right. Only 6 months ago he signs a contract including a clause re him moving on, which he would always include in a players contract.  

DC should now complain to the relevant authorities about an illegal approach while appointing his Bruce’s successor as soon as possible

Yes, but whilst being careful in his approach to any new manager.

3 minutes ago, Daz said:

Director of football who is asked to temporarily pick the team. Once the mess is sorted out, make him manager instead.. should get round any constructive dismissal claim.

TBH, that's exactly the position I was thinking of. However would they not have to remain in that position (with that title) to avoid any grey areas?

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

If DC went awol it wouldn't matter if the club owned the ground or not- it would still be owned by DC. 

Personally I can't see him just walking away like that. The bloke is £100m in the hole, he isn't going to give that up because of Steve bloody Bruce. 

We ought to get more behind chansiri.. I see too many ripping him to shreds. Football is a tough game and I think he has shown signs that he is learning from his mistakes and genuinely cares for the fans and the club.

This is a lot more than ashley who is a complete and utter void.

• Like 1

If true, Ashley, Bruce, Agnew, and Clemence, are all to55ers.

The whole PL can just f*** off with their self indulgent, screw the EFL approach to life.

The EFL should scrap all ties with the PL and let it stagnate and turn to shyte.

We should market the Championship to rival the Premiership, but unlike the PL then stranded in its own cr4p, with the same teams playing the same teams forever, with those at the bottom constantly being the whipping boys, and losing interest, causing dischord amongst the others until it all goes pear-shaped, and those at the top getting bored with each other, retain a promotion and relegation process to keep everything fresh and valid as a competitive entity.

I’m starting a new campaign. Feck the Premier League!

The whole thing absolutely stinks...

In the works for weeks all this. Heard about the interest 2 to 3 days ago, did he? Did he bo11ocks. 

Him, his agent and the other knobheads will have been holding informal discussions with Newcastle for weeks. Clearly, they assumed we'd be willing to accept some derisory fee for his services and off he'd trot to St James. Last week was all about getting this story out to his pals in the media, put a bit of pressure on us. 

Saturday he basically makes his position untenable by declaring the fact he wants out and the clubs need to reach a "compromise." All done to wind the fans up and put more pressure on the owner and the club. 

Today, the fat tub of lard resigns because he hasn't got his way, or perhaps this was always the end game. 

Look forward to laughing my bo11ocks off at him on MOTD in a few months. 

13 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Feel for DC I really do, some kind of statement would be nice mind..

I imagine he's busy talking to our lawyers about how best to proceed.

I'm happy enough to not get a statement right now, if it means we play all this the right way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Flange said:

Hope the club make a statement sooner rather than later. 

There are potential legal ramifications to what Bruce and co have done today. 

I'm sure a statement will come out at some point, but we ain't going to be rushing anything. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t think we should hold any sort of grudge against Newcastle fans, after all, they were right all along They deserve some sympathy, not only because they will be getting Bruce, who is palpably out of his depth in the Premier, but they have a chairman who is completely devoid of ambition 

HOWEVER..     It is absolutely ok to put a cheeky £10 on Newcastle getting relegated...… Not just relegation but total humiliation...    Lowest points, lowest goals scored, most goals conceded.  Just behind the blunts. 

We need to appoint Bullen as caretaker manager as soon as possible He will provide the continuity, knows our tactics, and probably our transfer targets We cannot wait until we have sorted out the Bruce mess, or the window will be close. I’m confident in Bullen being able to hold the fort until we are able to appoint a successor We need to make this as seamless as we can for the players, whatever we decide to do about Bruce and Newcastle. No distractions