BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

How can you decide if that is the best action without knowing what’s in the contract or having sought legal advice? 

See you've forgotten what website you're on, that's the problem here.

• Haha 4

Yep, he may think £1-2m less is not worth the hassle of injunctions and gardening leave and courtrooms, potentially delaying us securing a new manager. 

Or, he might be incandescent with rage and drag this out for as long as possible, appointing someone anyway as a Head Coach and gunning for MA & SB with all of his might. 

Who knows!

4 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Don’t let’s kid ourselves it’s just about Newcastle, Bruce would go to the highest bidder anywhere. That’s him ,just a greedy selfish individual.

Even though he will be supposedly on less money than here? 

He best hope chansiri doesn't sort the same as he did with George Hirst

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agreed. Not ideal, and Chansiri should rightfully feel cheated. But we need to draw a line under this as quickly as possible. 

Once we are compensated for the loss of our manager.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Agreed. Not ideal, and Chansiri should rightfully feel cheated. But we need to draw a line under this as quickly as possible. 

So will Newcastle, a drawn out court case could get to be very expensive especially if you lose the case. It would be funny however with both sets of supporters hoping to see Ashley bleeding cash. It's been a bad day already for him as his Sports Direct shares have fallen over 9%.

2 hours ago, Minton said:

Makes perfect sense. This is actually Bruce doing whats best for both sides, as we can now get on with appointing a new manager who can take over immediately whilst sorting out the compensation package with Newcastle.

Makes perfect sense? He's f@!?#d us over! (If true) 

Just now, poite said:

I cant even follow all the hate on Twitter because EE is out of service in my area!

Two things that are Shyte - Steve Bruce and EE

It's true EE are poo . Just changed to Vodafone and my signal has improved tenfold. 

5 minutes ago, poite said:

I cant even follow all the hate on Twitter because EE is out of service in my area!

Two things that are Shyte - Steve Bruce and EE

Could be worse, me mam has a tesco phone and can't even get a signal in tesco :ph34r:

• Haha 3

I don’t think we should hold any sort of grudge against Newcastle fans, after all, they were right all along They deserve some sympathy, not only because they will be getting Bruce, who is palpably out of his depth in the Premier, but they have a chairman who is completely devoid of ambition 

8 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

If Bruce has resigned, then we would need to appoint someone with a different title to what SB currently has. What that person does on a day-to-day basis, really has no bearing on this. We could argue that in the interim period, we need someone to "manage" the team like Bullen will no doubt be doing.

However, bringing in someone new could be argued/construed as active dismissal, although that wouldn't necessarily be the case if we "promoted from within".

Director of football who is asked to temporarily pick the team. Once the mess is sorted out, make him manager instead.. should get round any constructive dismissal claim.

At least we know (if this story is correct) now.

1st priority is a suitable replacement. The compo will get sorted out by the legal teams so let's not dwell in that.

We can call Mr Potato Head all the silly names under the sun, but we all need to be adults here as it won't change anything. The cabbage man has gone and I'm looking forward to his replacement.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs