BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

With the financial situation as it is, we are going into next season with same mid table squad as we have had for a while now. They aren’t good enough to go up, nor bad enough to go down .

Bit like Bruce and Jos this isnt an important appointment compared to some we have had.  I would give Bullen a run at it for this season .

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Rumours on Twitter suggest that NCL offer circa 3m for the three of them. If that is a pre agreed amount then in my view we should take it in this situation. 

Agreed. Not ideal, and Chansiri should rightfully feel cheated. But we need to draw a line under this as quickly as possible. 

22 minutes ago, marshy said:

But are we allowed to recruit another manager?

If Bruce has resigned, then we would need to appoint someone with a different title to what SB currently has. What that person does on a day-to-day basis, really has no bearing on this. We could argue that in the interim period, we need someone to "manage" the team like Bullen will no doubt be doing.

However, bringing in someone new could be argued/construed as active dismissal, although that wouldn't necessarily be the case if we "promoted from within".

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Rumours on Twitter suggest that NCL offer circa 3m for the three of them. If that is a pre agreed amount then in my view we should take it in this situation. 

How credible are those rumours though? 

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

How can you decide if that is the best action without knowing what’s in the contract or having sought legal advice? It’s just meaningless numbers and opinions on Twitter.

Just now, Owls77 said:

I take it all back and Danny Murphy was spot on!

Can we please draw Newcastle at home in one of the cup games, cabbages at the ready....

:Sid:

It will have to be the Carabao Cup then. Bruce will be gone by January when FA Cup 3rd round comes round.

Dont suppose Bruce will be bothered what anyone says on here, but it’s been a very poor thing to do. He may think it’s a dream job, but it so obviously seems it isn’t going to be. I’m not going to throw derogatory words towards Bruce. He has got to know deep down this isn’t a decent way to behave. 

I expected more. We didn’t get it. Leopards and spots springs to mind unfortunately.