BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

2 minutes ago, Minton said:

Carlos at 33/1 :tango:

We should do that just to watch the fireworks on here I reckon

What are the odds on Ashley shafting Bruce. If it all starts to look a bit too expensive for Big Mike, he won't think twice about leaving Bruce in limbo and moving onto someone else.

Edited by londonowl

Just now, marshy said:

Am I right in that IF he's resigned, he can't take the job until the two clubs agree the settlement? 

Thats the way I see it, plus DC might have not accepted resignations , so impasse = gardening leave.

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Sadly, football fans collectively seem to be falling more and more into the 'absolute lobbers' category. I love football and love going to games, but I know when I go to watch a rugby match, I could sit in the middle of the opposition fans, wearing a club shirt, with a pint and singing songs and nobody would bat an eye. I know what would happen if I did that at a football match...

I’m always reluctant to make the comparison with rugby (union at least) given the superior attitude displayed by many rugby fans in any conversation on football, but I absolutely take your point.

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

Sadly, football fans collectively seem to be falling more and more into the 'absolute lobbers' category. I love football and love going to games, but I know when I go to watch a rugby match, I could sit in the middle of the opposition fans, wearing a club shirt, with a pint and singing songs and nobody would bat an eye. I know what would happen if I did that at a football match...

Billy Connolly,

"Football violence will never end, so long as the're sh*t*ng in our shoes, and we're pis**ng in their Bovril.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Carlos at 33/1 :tango:

We should do that just to watch the fireworks on here I reckon

Any Ideas on what the Odds are on Tony Pulis being the next manager? It would be full scale Nuclear War on OT if he's in the running for the job.WTF:

Just now, parkfieldowl14 said:

Any Ideas on what the Odds are on Tony Pulis being the next manager? It would be full scale Nuclear War on OT if he's in the running for the job.WTF:

Currently 5/1, second favourite...  WTF:

Just now, gurujuan said:

So does anyone on here know what the legal position is? If somebody resigns, are they free to take up another position immediately, and if so, will we have to take out an injunction to stop them

He's in breach of contract. Wednesday are entitled to his exclusive services as a football manager for the duration of the contract.

The thing that muddies the waters is that English law has a presumption against restraint of trade, so our ability to stop him working for someone else is circumscribed. We have to keep paying him, for one. For another, if we replace him, we might lose our hold over him.