BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

There is completely something to say! Derby kept their fans reliably informed when it came to Lampard through club statements. We've heard nothing from the club. The only thing we've heard is from Bruce himself, who confirmed he has spoke to Newcastle, the club have had an approach and they are working on compensation. It shouldn't come from the manager, it should come from the very top.

The silence helps stir the media shitstorm, helps fuel rumours and creates uncertainty. Responsibility and leadership right now is needed. It is almost a week since the news broke. 

This might be because Derby were Conducting a proper dialogue with Chelsea, who were prepared to pay the asking price,

we are in talks with a bloke who has shown in the past treats everybody like sh*te, including his own work force, 

what makes you think this is any thing like the movement of Lampard.

4 minutes ago, londonowl said:

F**k that. Sometimes I'm all in favour of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

DC should stand his ground and let it be known that if you are looking to poach managers or players, you should look somewhere else.

If this is all true then Bruce has tried to stiff us and he should get a taste of his own medicine and not just be able to waltz off in the sunset having breached his contract which he was happy enough to sign 6 months ago.

Also important from the eyes of the rest of the football world, is that Newcastle United are a premier league club so they can afford the relatively small amount of compensation that is rightly due - seems fair enough. Chelsea paid what was due, so get on with it.

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Oh well. I said I would wait until it came from either Chansiri or Bruce, it hasn’t quite yet but it’s looking likely. 

If a manager Ed wants to move up to a prem club, not a problem with me. That’s career progression and it happens in any profession but I would have expected Bruce to do it the right way, not because I think bruce is some super human unlike the rest of footballs money hungry lot, just because of what Chansiri allowed him to do with extending g his family time. 

Yep he doesn’t have to and we agreed to wait but I guess I have morals so I just thought he would play it right. 

Not jumping the gun until we announce it officially but if it’s true then it’s very poor form. 

Listening to federer and the New Zealand boys being so gracious yesterday after playing like machines and somehow losing, you could see the difference in how other sports conduct themselves , even down to the fans being able to all sit together. 

My love for football just disintegrates day by day. 

Sadly, football fans collectively seem to be falling more and more into the 'absolute lobbers' category. I love football and love going to games, but I know when I go to watch a rugby match, I could sit in the middle of the opposition fans, wearing a club shirt, with a pint and singing songs and nobody would bat an eye. I know what would happen if I did that at a football match...

Edited by Minton

Just now, Minton said:

Sadly, football fans collectively seem to be falling more and more into the 'absolute lobbers' category. I love football and love going to games, but I know when I go to watch a rugby match, I could sit in the middle of the opposition fans, wearing a club shirt, with a pint and singing songs and nobody would bat an eye. I know what would happen if I did that at a football match...

And cricket, brill to see fans all age/race/colour etc having a great time together.

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What’s that got to do with communications? 

Nothing at all to do with communications. I’m very clearly taking the pïss out of all the crap you’ve posted this morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4