BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thank you. Look at how angry everyone is on here over the situation. Just needs the club to calmly let everyone know what is going on and put an end to all these conflicting rumours. 

Mike Ashley is trying to shaft us here, and you want Chansiri to give a running commentary to the media about exactly what's happening behind the scenes?

Can you see that saying nothing might be the best policy here?

• Thanks 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Keep him on until the start of the season so he can’t buy anyone for Newcastle. Then agree a package and get what we can. The revenge will be him being sacked by Xmas cos that squad with no new signings is poo!!

40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I'd urge Chansiri to take the compensation package allegedly still on the table. We can't risk getting nothing from this and we could do without the hassle of an injunction.

Standing your ground is all well and good, but it can blow up in your face if you're not careful. 

Take a compensation package which you know f all about? They could have offered 50% less than what the contract says all you know

Shown his true colours. I wasn't keen on him in the first place but he grew on me after his turnaround last season. Gutted it's come to this, but good riddance now

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thank you. Look at how angry everyone is on here over the situation. Just needs the club to calmly let everyone know what is going on and put an end to all these conflicting rumours. 

People would only get more angry with any club statement.

I'm with the club on this one - I'd be considering any statements carefully. Especially if there's a possibility this could end up in court now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

What relevance are peoples views on Brexit?

Because remainers like to roll over just like May...it's same on here ...oh just let him go.. dont bother negotiating just give in to Ashley and Bruce...pathetic

1 hour ago, Tommycraign10others said:

Any respect left for Bruce disappears if this is right. Only 6 months ago he signs a contract including a clause re him moving on, which he would always include in a players contract.  

DC should now complain to the relevant authorities about an illegal approach while appointing his Bruce’s successor as soon as possible

Ime sure that dcs solicitors will be hard at work as we speak, he will be no pushover.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If Newcastle have tapped up Bruce and shady things have gone on then how can the club update everyone without basically lieing to the fans?

If he has resigned and this has come from a journalist in the north east originally how do you think they got this info? Someone has leaked it I wonder who??

As far as I can see only one club is out of order here and it's not us. What can they say. Yes our manager is trying to leave. Everyone would still be angry at him.

I think the club hasn't given any details for legal reasons and that Ashley might use anything we say. Think DC has come out of this well and I fully support him.

Bruce on the other hand is a ……………………………………………………………..

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I'd urge Chansiri to take the compensation package allegedly still on the table. We can't risk getting nothing from this and we could do without the hassle of an injunction.

Standing your ground is all well and good, but it can blow up in your face if you're not careful. 

F**k that. Sometimes I'm all in favour of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

DC should stand his ground and let it be known that if you are looking to poach managers or players, you should look somewhere else.

If this is all true then Bruce has tried to stiff us and he should get a taste of his own medicine and not just be able to waltz off in the sunset having breached his contract which he was happy enough to sign 6 months ago.

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We were never told we were under a transfer embargo for successive seasons, for one.

A short statement regarding what is going on, all that is needed. Really it is not asking for much.

I can see how the is coming across as another groan, but come on our communication has been shocking for a while now.

Why do people always stick together to stick the boot into someone who has a different opinion , like schoolyard bullies ....I can see your point and I for one have never trusted Chansiri with our football club , let's see who he puts in charge next , this is a big call for him now .

1 minute ago, londonowl said:

F**k that. Sometimes I'm all in favour of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

DC should stand his ground and let it be known that if you are looking to poach managers or players, you should look somewhere else.

If this is all true then Bruce has tried to stiff us and he should get a taste of his own medicine and not just be able to waltz off in the sunset having breached his contract which he was happy enough to sign 6 months ago.

I’d rather just move on and get on with the job of trying to get us promoted next season.