BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

37 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I'd urge Chansiri to take the compensation package allegedly still on the table. We can't risk getting nothing from this and we could do without the hassle of an injunction.

Standing your ground is all well and good, but it can blow up in your face if you're not careful. 

Change your name to Theresa May...she rolled over as well

7 minutes ago, Kraschenbern said:

I really wish the club would start communicating with us, the fans, about what the flip is actually going on.  There's been a lot of contradiction so far regarding all this, and it would be nice to know officially whats been happening, and what the clubs position is.  There's no point in everyone getting angry etc, until we know exactly what has gone off.  If Bruce ends up at Newcastle United he'll get more than his fair share of Karma.  

Our club are consistently poor at communicating with the fans. 

So don't expect them to deal with this hot potato of a subject with any clarity.

31 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I'm inclined to agree. As much as we might want to drag Bruce across the coals we need to get this done and return full focus to our pre season. We can't go into the new season with this still rumbling on. Bruce and Ashley have shown themselves to be utter snakes, DC should take the moral high ground and strike a sensible deal so that we can move on. 

Agree, stinks what has been done but last thing we need is legal distractions hanging over us at this stage of a new season. Make some noise and maybe get Newcastle on a disrepute charge etc. But let's move on quickly with a new manager and get HMS PTL out of dry dock.

3 minutes ago, Kraschenbern said:

There has been plenty to say.  This isn't an attack on the DC or anything.  I agree with the stance he's taken.

But a simple..... "Steve Bruce has spoken to Newcastle, and the situation is ongoing"..... or alternatively "Steve Bruce has not spoken to Newcastle and will continue to do his job".... would suffice.

So far all these rumours etc have done is basically make everyone angry.  

Our communications/media/marketing department really do seem clueless at times.

Thank you. Look at how angry everyone is on here over the situation. Just needs the club to calmly let everyone know what is going on and put an end to all these conflicting rumours. 

Guest LondonOwl313

Lot of emotion on here at the min. We just need to do whatever we need to do to maximise compensation, move on and look forward. Nobody is bigger than the club

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We were never told we were under a transfer embargo for successive seasons, for one.

A short statement regarding what is going on, all that is needed. Really it is not asking for much.

I can see how the is coming across as another groan, but come on our communication has been shocking for a while now.

Are you not in the WhatsApp group?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

Question for ya, Pulis, or one of DCs random foreign managers. :Sid:

I'd rather have a 2 week old tin of TUF's worst tuna paste manage the club than Pulis

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This really.

Look at how Derby dealt with the Lampard situation. Compare that to this mess. Light years apart. DC and the club still have so much to learn. 

Difference is Chelsea went to Derby with a decent compensation figure and spoke to Bruce. They acted like professionals.