BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pull your finger out Wednesday. Time to step up and let the fans know exactly what has been going on.

Needs to be a statement of some sort today, ideally within the next few hours. If not, that is very poor PR from the club.

So you're using Steve Bruce allegedly resigning to put the boot into the club?

You are a parody of yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pull your finger out Wednesday. Time to step up and let the fans know exactly what has been going on.

Needs to be a statement of some sort today, ideally within the next few hours. If not, that is very poor PR from the club.

Moan moan moan.

• Thanks 1

Well if true no hard feelings I don’t want to manager what doesn’t want to be here in the first place.

I’ve always said that from day one when he first signed and he was stood at the bottom of the pitch with a  forced smile I’ve ever seen

I think Bruce has made a big mistake in his career.

three or four bad results with Newcastle   At a beginning of a very tough season for them The fans will be very quick to get on his back and if you thought Villa was Hostile he’s not seen nothing yet in Newcastle fans 

Well at least I can feel I’m a good judge of character now. I don’t rate him as a manager I never have and I always thought it could end in a bad way based on his record. Now let’s get him and his team out of the door ASAP and bring in somebody who we can trust and will give us the style of football that we deserve because despite his decent start, this was never going to happen under Bruce.

10 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

half the 1m (if true) is twice the amount they originally offered £250k (again if true). 

Arrr so that’s how Sally meant it could blow up in our face if we’re not careful, getting twice the money that someone trying to swindle you was trying to offer.

Wait, is that bad?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Strange stance to have, what other club ever puts information out when there's not been anything official that's happened?

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

Thing is... there's nothing to say until there's something to say. 

Anything the club comes out with right now will only make things worse. It is best to hold on until things come to a complete head.

I'm with the club taking the moral high-ground and keeping a dignified silence until such time as things are worked out one way or the other.

There is completely something to say! Derby kept their fans reliably informed when it came to Lampard through club statements. We've heard nothing from the club. The only thing we've heard is from Bruce himself, who confirmed he has spoke to Newcastle, the club have had an approach and they are working on compensation. It shouldn't come from the manager, it should come from the very top.

The silence helps stir the media shitstorm, helps fuel rumours and creates uncertainty. Responsibility and leadership right now is needed. It is almost a week since the news broke. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

Thing is... there's nothing to say until there's something to say. 

Anything the club comes out with right now will only make things worse. It is best to hold on until things come to a complete head.

I'm with the club taking the moral high-ground and keeping a dignified silence until such time as things are worked out one way or the other.

There has been plenty to say.  This isn't an attack on the DC or anything.  I agree with the stance he's taken.

But a simple..... "Steve Bruce has spoken to Newcastle, and the situation is ongoing"..... or alternatively "Steve Bruce has not spoken to Newcastle and will continue to do his job".... would suffice.

So far all these rumours etc have done is basically make everyone angry.  

Our communications/media/marketing department really do seem clueless at times.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This really.

Look at how Derby dealt with the Lampard situation. Compare that to this mess. Light years apart. DC and the club still have so much to learn. 

Give it an absolute rest 

How are you even bashing DC now? You are unreal. 

We have been sh*t on - by a a t0sspot of a manager and a club after him who won't cough up whats required in his contract. We shouldn't bend over for Ashley and let him take us to the cleaners. 

DC has done NOTHING wrong here. Get a grip.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I'd urge Chansiri to take the compensation package allegedly still on the table. We can't risk getting nothing from this and we could do without the hassle of an injunction.

Standing your ground is all well and good, but it can blow up in your face if you're not careful. 

Thankfully Chansiri is unlikely to take your advice. (No offence intended)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So you're using Steve Bruce allegedly resigning to put the boot into the club?

You are a parody of yourself. 

Total parody. Frantically trying to find a way to stick the boot in. Prove one thing to be bullshït... onto the next.

Edited by Sonny
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Strange stance to have, what other club ever puts information out when there's not been anything official that's happened?

We were never told we were under a transfer embargo for successive seasons, for one.

A short statement regarding what is going on, all that is needed. Really it is not asking for much.

I can see how the is coming across as another groan, but come on our communication has been shocking for a while now.

Edited by SallyCinnamon