A few weeks ago, we were asking £8m. I appreciate that's very optimistic, but at the same time £1.8m nothing. Can't see DC reducing his value so much, realistic, yes, but £8m to £1.8m? 

I'd guess £3-5m is ballpark, for a player of his age, on a long contract and reasonably established in the Championship. 

Hope we include a sell on clause too. 

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Against Lincoln, and how long have you been saying on here that we need to stop looking to the team of 3-4 years ago 

Just said he played well yesterday. Chill. Completely agree we can’t be relying on players like Joao. Think we could demand a bit more than 1.8m for him though.

Think quite a few of the senior players often meet him to be honest 

might not be anything other than a casual chat, know I’ve heard a few times he’s quite close to a lot of the senior players 

9 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

agree pal keeps looking like gonna be a real force,comes to nowt,keep Winnall imo 

He was fantastic yesterday, I’ve always said he’s one of my favourite players, play to he strengths which is keep him involved and we have a world beater.  UTO 

23 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

£3M I’d sell 

Why as low as that? Calum Robinson went for 7m, Freeman 4m both considered cheap. The former with a similar goal return. others going north of 10m.

It’s only really Rotherham and Barnsley who are selling their best players for 2/3m. Must be a South Yorkshire thing!

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Why as low as that? Calum Robinson went for 7m, Freeman 4m both considered cheap. The former with a similar goal return. others going north of 10m.

It’s only really Rotherham and Barnsley who are selling their best players for 2/3m. Must be a South Yorkshire thing!

Fair prices for them 2 if you ask me, neither are premier league class

I think Joao will go back abroad, can’t see any prem interest in him so think 3m to a low end champ club or back to Portugal is sensible 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Fair prices for them 2 if you ask me, neither are premier league class

I think Joao will go back abroad, can’t see any prem interest in him so think 3m to a low end champ club or back to Portugal is sensible 

If that’s all we would get. No point taking his goals out the side. Could cause bigger issues than FFP.

I'd be really disappointed if this is how Joao's time here ends. One of our most talented players, just only shows it when his head is right.

He's a casualty of us having such an unbalanced squad, needs a manager that can keep him motivated and give him a run of games instead of dropping him if he has a 6. Thought next season could be the one, especially if he made the left midfield/wing position his own.

Given the choice, would much rather Winnall/Rhodes were sold. Or even Forestieri as he doesn't fit the system Bruce wanted us to play

Lads 25 years old not, not a novice. Time he started delivering his potential. Not sure whether that will be here.

Some think he's lazy. Don't know about that, he just strike me as the type who loves football, or thinks about it too much. 

Still....given the overinflated prices many players go for I'd be dissapointed if we didn't get £3m for him.

34 minutes ago, evaD said:

I'd be really disappointed if this is how Joao's time here ends. One of our most talented players, just only shows it when his head is right.

He's a casualty of us having such an unbalanced squad, needs a manager that can keep him motivated and give him a run of games instead of dropping him if he has a 6. Thought next season could be the one, especially if he made the left midfield/wing position his own.

Given the choice, would much rather Winnall/Rhodes were sold. Or even Forestieri as he doesn't fit the system Bruce wanted us to play

Maybe if he waits, he’ll get one