43 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Bully should be soaking up all the knowledge from these managers and coaches, training methods, how they deal with players in different situations , match tactics etc. In theory if should be developing into a half decent manager. 

Only thing that might let him down at wednesday is he's kind of the player/manager link. he's a little too close to the players to make the tough decisions for me.

Some people can take the responsibility of management and others never can. They are great No.2's but they just aren't suited to the top job. I think Bullen is like that, he wouldn't enjoy it and he wouldn't be good at it.

He would probably tell you that himself.

The person who has coached side is Neal Thompson who Bully drafts in to first team at first opportunity. 

Thompson is head of profession and was backing away from active coaching but keeps being utilised because he is good.

Bullen if useful would have been targeted by other clubs or some of other staff who have left Hillsborough as still young enough for career as manager.

We have lost two from Academy in recent years to Manchester City which indicates if you do things right you get opportunities. 

I find it bizarre that some fans continue to question Bullen’s value to the club when for most of us it is plain to see. Earlier today his main critic in this thread was bemoaning the manager’s lack of integrity, loyalty and respect, qualities that Bullen has demonstrated over many years with the club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

I find it bizarre that some fans continue to question Bullen’s value to the club when for most of us it is plain to see. Earlier today his main critic in this thread was bemoaning the manager’s lack of integrity, loyalty and respect, qualities that Bullen has demonstrated over many years with the club.

I wouldn’t question his value but I really don’t want him as our manager. 

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Some people can take the responsibility of management and others never can. They are great No.2's but they just aren't suited to the top job. I think Bullen is like that, he wouldn't enjoy it and he wouldn't be good at it.

He would probably tell you that himself.

He's told people exactly that, more than once

They just choose not to listen and presume he's always candidate number 1 when the job comes up, me personally i think he was considering leaving last time and was surprised Bruce kept him on

Might leave this time around

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Average coach.

Doesn't excite or interest me. Can take him or leave him.

Overated.

Agree but as Chansiri is rather accident prone with his managers it’s very important to have Bullen there to provide some continuity 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if he really wants to be a manager but I would expect him to be caretaker again should Bruce go and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it turned out to be his longest reign as caretaker?

Chansiri has had the chance to offer him the job twice before ! and never did! 

He will hold the fort until a new bloke is appointed, why people get themselfs into a tizz about this is absolute madness

Bullen understands the club unlike most people as he's been a player and on the staff. Not just down to him but I think the youth coaching set up and development of talent has improved vastly from where we were. He's a very open and honest guy who loves the club. I just hope whoever the manager is doesn't get rid of him. 

He's my favourite player of this modern era.

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Average coach.

Doesn't excite or interest me. Can take him or leave him.

Overated.

I imagine this is based on extensive inside knowledge of his coaching technique and relationships at the club....

And not just a baseless judgement.

2 hours ago, marble said:

Not sure what he soaked up from Jos or the latter part of the Carlos stint. He was part of the decline under those guys, & whilst I agree that he comes across as a top fella, I've never understood the esteem that some fans have for his coaching record.

100%

He should find himself very fortunate we gave him this platform. Being honest he was a nobody before us, a Scottish lower league journeyman 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

He's told people exactly that, more than once

They just choose not to listen and presume he's always candidate number 1 when the job comes up, me personally i think he was considering leaving last time and was surprised Bruce kept him on

Might leave this time around

I hope he doesn't leave but maybe he needs to do so in the interests of his own career.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

I hope he doesn't leave but maybe he needs to do so in the interests of his own career.

Think he’s already said he wouldn’t coach at another club, be done if he leaves here