No, I'm not advocating him as the new manager, but thank God we've still got him on the staff. If/when Bruce goes and takes his mates with him, Bully will be the one who steps up again until the new man is in place. His knowledge of the players, club and fans will be invaluable to the next manager. What might have taken weeks for someone to grasp will be greatly reduced by having Bully there to fill in the gaps. I hope the next manager recognises this and sees the value in having a 'club man' around. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Average coach.

Doesn't excite or interest me. Can take him or leave him.

Overated.

Very harsh, Bully has been a great servant to the club over the years and did incredibly well for us last season at a critical time. 

Would I like him as fully time manager? No, but he's a good member of the staff to have around, it's good for fans to see one constant in a sea of variables in the dressing room. 

He’s probably benefited from the high turnover in managers - in that he is very good to have around for a new manager to allow him to come to terms with the squad, the club, the supporters, the culture. 

He needs a proper role in my opinion - we just seem to be adding to the staff year on year 

Soon our dug out with have more on it that most teams supporters bring 

Bully should be soaking up all the knowledge from these managers and coaches, training methods, how they deal with players in different situations , match tactics etc. In theory if should be developing into a half decent manager. 

Only thing that might let him down at wednesday is he's kind of the player/manager link. he's a little too close to the players to make the tough decisions for me.

19 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

If bruce leaves I expect his replacement to be appointed immediately 

Ideally yes but it depends on who will want the job from those available.  The embargo situation & our finances are still unclear. Likewise we don't want a panic appointment just for the sake of getting someone in to complete pre-season.

35 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Bully should be soaking up all the knowledge from these managers and coaches, training methods, how they deal with players in different situations , match tactics etc. In theory if should be developing into a half decent manager. 

Only thing that might let him down at wednesday is he's kind of the player/manager link. he's a little too close to the players to make the tough decisions for me.

Not sure what he soaked up from Jos or the latter part of the Carlos stint. He was part of the decline under those guys, & whilst I agree that he comes across as a top fella, I've never understood the esteem that some fans have for his coaching record.

2 minutes ago, marble said:

Not sure what he soaked up from Jos or the latter part of the Carlos stint. He was part of the decline under those guys, & whilst I agree that he comes across as a top fella, I've never understood the esteem that some fans have for his coaching record.

This.

Part of way too many failed coaching regimes at our club.

Very lucky to still be here.