A12owl

Can Bruce do a job for Newcastle? Is he being selfish?

If he is so passionate about his boyhood club the first question he should have asked himself was.... Will I be able to make Newcastle successful and make the fans happy?

It is obvious to everyone except Bruce that he will not be the flavour of the month there nor would he make them a better club because he will not have the backing of the fans . If he really is passionate about Newcastle and not just satisfying a boyhood dream then he should never go anywhere near them as manager. It's a heart ruling head decision  .

And for those who would ask if me or any other lifelong fan of SWFC were given a chance to manage our club then  my answer would be a resounding NO.

It wouldn't be in the best interest of the Club and that's the most important consideration. It would be selfish.

I will stick to managing Wednesday on Football Manager. I'm quite successful on there but it doesn't qualify me to do the real job.

Having said all that, I don't think there is anyway he should stay with us despite thinking he could have been  very successful here.

• Like 1

Of course he is. He knows he'll be sacked within 12 months.

I'm going to make a prediction now, and come back to me at the end of the season and thank me.

We will be promoted if we don't appoint another Paxo stooge, and Newcastle will be relegated.

Karma.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

Posted (edited)

I don't really buy all this dream job stuff. Sounds to me like some guff lines fed to his mates in the media. 

He's turned the job down twice and managed their arch rivals.

The fans in the land of Toon cant stand him.

Reportedly, he stands to become the lowest paid manager in the Prem, albeit with a contract which is heavily incentivised.

I suppose his main motivation is it's a chance to be back in the big time and manage a high profile club. Do well there and who knows where he could go. After all, despite the talk of retirement, he's only 58.

On the other hand...does he really think he can survive the Ashley regime and make a good job of it? 

Edited by SiJ
  • Agree 6

He hasn’t got a chance of being successful at Newcastle, it would be daft of him to go there.

At the moment, he is an overweight kamikaze pilot waiting for his mission to commence.

He should never have listened to Irish Paddy, his fellow kamikaze pilot, who told Bruce that his first mission was such a great success that he wanted to do it again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, theowlsman said:

He hasn’t got a chance of being successful at Newcastle, it would be daft of him to go there.

At the moment, he is an overweight kamikaze pilot waiting for his mission to commence.

He should never have listened to Irish Paddy, his fellow kamikaze pilot, who told Bruce that his first mission was such a great success that he wanted to do it again.

This.

General Ashley says 'just squeeze into that cockpit Brucie lad, and fly full speed into that pile of shiite. It will all be fine. Ps I've just sold the club. See ya. '.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

He'll be gone either when new owners come in, or when they're in the bottom 3.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, marshy said:

He'll be gone either when new owners come in, or when they're in the bottom 3.

If the bookies offer any odds on the first manager sacking, lump on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

and again and again, some people never learn.

• Like 1

So again. Just why????

Is his ego really that much bigger than his brain?

Bugger it, I’ll say it. I suspect that Bruce, after thinking things over, will decide to stay with us.

So we’re having to start the season again in a “not ideal” way.

He’s going to have to pay us back with promotion that is for sure.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I don't really buy all this dream job stuff. Sounds to me like some guff lines fed to his mates in the media. 

He's turned the job down twice and managed their arch rivals.

The fans in the land of Toon cant stand him.

Reportedly, he stands to become the lowest paid manager in the Prem, albeit with a contract which is heavily incentivised.

I suppose his main motivation is it's a chance to be back in the big time and manage a high profile club. Do well there and who knows where he could go. After all, despite the talk of retirement, he's only 58.

On the other hand...does he really think he can survive the Ashley regime and make a good job of it? 

He would be better off working in the Sports Direct warehouse on the minimum wage which is what he has been offered. Lowest in the league  - typical Ashley. 

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So again. Just why????

Here are a few business reasons he might be tempted to leave:

1. Opportunity to manage a premier league club

2. Potentially earn more in bonuses

3. On a one-year contract with Wednesday. There's not much security in that

4. Frustrated by our inability to trim down the squad. He's publicly said that we have too many forwards, yet the club isn't motivated to sell "family members"

5. Frustrated by the uncertainty of an umbongo which may have affected recruitment

14 minutes ago, bobness said:

Here are a few business reasons he might be tempted to leave:

1. Opportunity to manage a premier league club  - For how long?

2. Potentially earn more in bonuses - For not getting relegated, (recruitment gonna be eye watering).

3. On a one-year contract with Wednesday. There's not much security in that - It was the deal he agreed on.

4. Frustrated by our inability to trim down the squad. He's publicly said that we have too many forwards, yet the club isn't motivated to sell "family members" - agree.

5. Frustrated by the uncertainty of an umbongo which may have affected recruitment. - with our latest signings, things are moving in the right direction.

I just think it would be a bad move on his part given Ashley's  past record on treatment of employees.

Ashleys a sniffer.

If Bruce goes there he's a lunatic.

54 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Of course he is. He knows he'll be sacked within 12 months.

I'm going to make a prediction now, and come back to me at the end of the season and thank me.

We will be promoted if we don't appoint another Paxo stooge, and Newcastle will be relegated.

Karma.

I’m afraid I think after this Chansiri will go back down the “ Paxo Stooge” route 

Just now, Owl999 said:

I’m afraid I think after this Chansiri will go back down the “ Paxo Stooge” route 

Surely not. He must have learned from his mistakes ?

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

I hope he has, I just get the feeling that the lack of respect in terms of a business contract will have left a sour taste when it comes to employing proven English managers .

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

I hope he's learnt too. Would be a disaster to listen to those t0ssers again. 

• Agree 1

I think it depends on what you consider success 

Success for Ashley is to stay in the premiership and cream the rewards while working within a budget that ensures he doesn't have to make any further investment

He wants out and doesn't want to spend any more but maintain his ROI.