Glenn Loovens - manager??

Just now, Silkstone Owl said:

Bullen is all those things you describe 

So why not him over Loovens?

Bullen was a crap player in League 1 and our defence was usually all over the place, and has had numerous goes at caretaker manager without anyone mentioning he should stay on as manager. 

He did bring back Westwood, which was a no brainer. 

He’s Wednesday through and through and you can’t knock him for that. I’d probably rather have Bullen than Moyes.

8 hours ago, Rogers said:

Coming to the end of his career and he knows the clubs and players inside out. 

Commands respect from the squad and know’s how to organise a defence. 

Would you consider our old Captain as manager. 

Clubs seem to be giving players a go, straight into management without having to spend years coaching. 

Have you been smoking your socks?

• Haha 3

Just now, Rogers said:

Bullen was a crap player in League 1 and our defence was usually all over the place, and has had numerous goes at caretaker manager without anyone mentioning he should stay on as manager. 

He did bring back Westwood, which was a no brainer. 

He’s Wednesday through and through and you can’t knock him for that. I’d probably rather have Bullen than Moyes.

What’s him being a limited player got to do with anything when it comes to management ? 

8 minutes ago, james o connor said:

What’s him being a limited player got to do with anything when it comes to management ? 

Nothing...I’m responding to someone saying Bullen has the same attributes I described previously.  

Bullen couldn’t organise a defence as player or managed. He was usually the one in the defence that created mayhem

Mourinho didn’t play and he’s not done too bad 

Edited by Rogers

23 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Nothing...I’m responding to someone saying Bullen has the same attributes I described previously.  

Bullen couldn’t organise a defence as player or managed. He was usually the one in the defence that created mayhem

Mourinho didn’t play and he’s not done too bad 

Bit harsh on bullen our defence wasn’t bad first two years we got promoted with him in . He still wouldn’t be my first choice either though 

“Knows the club inside and out” is the biggest load of rounduns spouted when any club is looking for a new manager

for a start we don’t need someone who knows what pies are served at half time, what the catering folk get paid, what detergent is used in the washing machine, we just need someone who knows football, can pick the best players in t(e best formation with the best tactics......improve the players we have and have a knack and contacts for bringing better ones in

anything else is irrelevant 

That apart, the term is used more loosely than “club legend”.....Loovens was here for a few years as a player, why would that mean he knows us inside and out......there was even a post the other day claiming that Sturrock knew us inside and out,,,,,Christ he’s had nothing to do wit( is for at least a decade, we’ve had 2 new owners since then!

just get a good bloody football manager like Steve Watson, a club legend who knows us inside and out

Edited by Ian

1 hour ago, Ian said:

“Knows the club inside and out” is the biggest load of rounduns spouted when any club is looking for a new manager

for a start we don’t need someone who knows what pies are served at half time, what the catering folk get paid, what detergent is used in the washing machine, we just need someone who knows football, can pick the best players in t(e best formation with the best tactics......improve the players we have and have a knack and contacts for bringing better ones in

anything else is irrelevant 

That apart, the term is used more loosely than “club legend”.....Loovens was here for a few years as a player, why would that mean he knows us inside and out......there was even a post the other day claiming that Sturrock knew us inside and out,,,,,Christ he’s had nothing to do wit( is for at least a decade, we’ve had 2 new owners since then!

just get a good bloody football manager like Steve Watson, a club legend who knows us inside and out

Why would you need to know what pies are served, etc.

I think the term is used about people who know the squad and the players characters and capabilities.  

As as you say..it’s about improving players and if you know them, it gives you a head start. Handy when pre-season is fizzed 

9 hours ago, Rogers said:

Fair point..but he is a big name with our players and he knows the club. We’ve wasted pre-season and he’s respected by players at this level. 

Players, current and ex seem to think he was a key person at the club. He’s also got his coaching badges....but I get that most will want someone with experience like McLaren, Moyes, Jos, etc. 

Joey Pelupessy: “I think he is really important. Everything he says, the team picks it up. He is doing everything for the team and he is really important.

“In the dressing room, he is a little bit louder. But he is quiet and that is his style, I think. If he says something, then it is 100 per cent true. He is quiet, but the things he says are direct and everybody knows he is right. He is very important.”

Vincent Sasso: “Glenn is really important. Even when he was not playing much last year, he’s an experienced guy. He gives advice on and off the pitch. He’s like the father of the group.

I hope Moyes, McLaren, Jos Mkii, are not our options 

God no Moyes  mcClaren!.

Chris Hughton or monk would be ok. Still hope we keep bruce.

10 hours ago, Rogers said:

Why would you need to know what pies are served, etc.

I think the term is used about people who know the squad and the players characters and capabilities.  

As as you say..it’s about improving players and if you know them, it gives you a head start. Handy when pre-season is fizzed 

Well said.

Didnt know loovens had done his badges, or maybe i did but i forgot! Anyway,

Clubs often go for the opposite of the last man dont they. For instance from youth to experience or from a gobby stroppy guy to a cool calm guy. 

Point im making is DC will be hurt by what has happened, so if his thought is now loyalty, it wouldnt surprise me if DC was to give loovens a thought.

If it did happen, we would be missing certain things, experience, know how, Contacts, etc etc etc.

But he would certainly have the dressing room, an thats half the battle. 

With a more balanced squad thats ready to go (if the SB thing happened 3 wks later) then i could see Loovens doing a good job. 

But with 'this' squad and much wheeling and dealing still to be done hes probably not the right fit..

Having said that I personally would love to see it. Certainly be more interesting than seeing some guy with proven failures who i dont rate at all get the job. 

Thinking about it... loovens has just had a season in L1, he'll know a few rough diamonds. 

You never know, he might be able to fill the gaps with young players we could actually make a profit on - radical i know!

Yeah im in. So much so that i am gonna turn into how siminiac owl behaves regarding meggo!!

Come on DC u know it make sense. 

Loovens for manager.

On 14/07/2019 at 01:11, Rogers said:

Coming to the end of his career and he knows the clubs and players inside out. 

Commands respect from the squad and know’s how to organise a defence. 

Would you consider our old Captain as manager. 

Clubs seem to be giving players a go, straight into management without having to spend years coaching. 

One day maybe - I’ve got a lot of time for Glenn, a great leader.