Glenn Loovens - manager??

Coming to the end of his career and he knows the clubs and players inside out. 

Commands respect from the squad and know’s how to organise a defence. 

Would you consider our old Captain as manager. 

Clubs seem to be giving players a go, straight into management without having to spend years coaching. 

• Haha 8

43 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Clubs seem to be giving players a go, straight into management without having to spend years coaching. 

could never have a manager who looks like Sean Bean 

5 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

Fair point..but he is a big name with our players and he knows the club. We’ve wasted pre-season and he’s respected by players at this level. 

Players, current and ex seem to think he was a key person at the club. He’s also got his coaching badges....but I get that most will want someone with experience like McLaren, Moyes, Jos, etc. 

Joey Pelupessy: “I think he is really important. Everything he says, the team picks it up. He is doing everything for the team and he is really important.

“In the dressing room, he is a little bit louder. But he is quiet and that is his style, I think. If he says something, then it is 100 per cent true. He is quiet, but the things he says are direct and everybody knows he is right. He is very important.”

Vincent Sasso: “Glenn is really important. Even when he was not playing much last year, he’s an experienced guy. He gives advice on and off the pitch. He’s like the father of the group.

I hope Moyes, McLaren, Jos Mkii, are not our options 

Edited by Rogers

7 hours ago, Rogers said:

Good shout. I’d have him in a heartbeat before any of the others being mentioned.

I really want Bruce to tell Ashley to shove it though.

39 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

If we were to go for untried but affiliated to the club maybe Thompson from the Youth set up is a shout? He and Bullen did well this time round when in caretaker charge. 

It wasn't hard. All they had to do was bring Westwood and Hutch back. Then jobs a good un. :Sid:

• Haha 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

One thing we need is a manager with contacts and a knowledge of players in UK, Europe etc. We can’t go back to sourcing our transfers from dodgy related parties, and owlstalk posts. I don’t think Loovens is that manager.

8 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

It wasn't hard. All they had to do was bring Westwood and Hutch back. Then jobs a good un. :Sid:

So why pay anyone 40k a week if it’s that simple surely most on here would do it for a free seat and a packet of Crisps? 

7 hours ago, Rogers said:

Bullen is all those things you describe 

So why not him over Loovens?