Bruce-Whatever happens we back the boys

13 hours ago, Quist said:

Very good post lots of common sense comments. I actually think most fans would accept him staying I do not believe those who post on here are an accurate cross section they are often most opinionated.

I heard from a good source that Bruce conversation with Newcastle did not go well. Think Bruce himself confirmed this when said "talks were over before they started". I understand it was to do with basic requirements of job like assistants. This happened on Thursday and clubs locked in negotiations well what's to negotiate they either pay up or walk away. I presume Bruce knows they have weekend to make mind up hence 24/48 hour notice.

You are spot on about cheap option think that it was sold to Ashley on this line but apparently when assistants are taken into account and compensation it is going to cost more than it would have done to keep Benitez. 

His loyal assistants who he relies upon must also have a view and I suppose they depend on him to some degree but neither of them are fools and must know this is a venture which they could not succeed. Hence it would be interesting to know how they feel about this.

Bruce is a football fan and like lots on here will have rose coloured spectacles when looking at clubs which he has a fondness for. This is quite normal and you can understand this. He his also a good manager and able to get players in who will improve club. The recruits he has made so far to club are all looking good and will definitely strengthen club and teams look fit and energetic. The thing I will regret most if he does go is that he did not finish summer recruitment as I think we could have a side to be proud of.

Totally correct - most fans who think rather than react will, I believe, accept and actually be please if SB stays.

The reason... him staying is still by far the best chance of us having a very good season.

He’s worked with players, brought his players in and knows what’s, what. Anyone else would be playing catch up with players he my not deem ideal for his needs.

It all depends on a decent start obviously, but I think the vast majority would forgive and forget. I don’t believe the atmosphere would not toxic except for possibly a small vocal minority.

Rather than being personally angered because SB was tempted to go to a premiership club, if he decides not to go think, that in the long run it may just be what’s best for the club you’re supposed to support.

Most of us thought we had a good chance this season - I don’t see any reason that should change if he does stay.

WAWAW (bugger - who do I have to pay again?)

Edited by Spookone

51 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Totally correct - most fans who think rather than react will, I believe, accept and actually be please if SB stays.

The reason... him staying is still by far the best chance of us having a very good season.

He’s worked with players, brought his players in and knows what’s, what. Anyone else would be playing catch up with players he my not deem ideal for his needs.

It all depends on a decent start obviously, but I think the vast majority would forgive and forget. I don’t believe the atmosphere would not toxic except for possibly a small vocal minority.

I thi k if he ends up staying around most will give him a fair crack. We might chirp from time to time but generally as a fan base I think we're very forgiving compared to some. 

He'll not get the honeymoon period he might have liked if we go on a bad run. But those are the breaks when people feel slighted. 

51 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Most of us thought we had a good chance this season - I don’t see any reason that should change if he does stay.

The injection of pace into the team I think will really fill in an obvious gap, even from Chansiris first two years at the club  with Carlos.

12 hours ago, DEH9 said:

Anyroad, he's a bleein mad-man if he goes up there.

They hate him already and he ant got a foot int door yet.

Looks like he's mad then.

mainImage.jpg

Long as he doesn't start coming out with flaps about unreasonable working conditions , etc etc