Lord Snooty

Bruce-Whatever happens we back the boys

Posted (edited)

Class. Welcome home!! :Sid: Apologies for the mess, if I’d know you were turning up we’d have tidied up...

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Good to have you back m’lord.

careful with the WAWAW, you might not have heard whilst in the woods!

Edited by sw1867
  • Agree 1

I honestly thought Stubbs went completely mental.  :Sid:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I honestly thought Stubbs went completely mental.  :Sid:

That happens when people don't take a summer break from this place!

Institutionalised! 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Institutionalised! 

Good to see you posting again.  

• Thanks 1

Welcome home Mi`Lord 

• Thanks 1

Welcome back. Hats off to you, that's an excellent well thought out post. I agree with almost everything you said, apart from the if he stayed part. Although, even that part made a lot of sense too. I 100% agree with DC playing hardball over the compo. Especially when the compo could help us bring in a suitable replacement or help with team strengthening. I just feel once Bruce made it known that he wants to be at Newcastle and played a part in Ashley's bullying tactic with the media, he lost all my respect for him. For me there's no way back for him from that disrespect he showed DC, who had shown him the greatest respect and patience when allowing his trusted assistants to take charge whilst Bruce had a break before taking charge here.

What I don't understand is, that if Bruce is such a fan of his boyhood club, then why manage their biggest rivals and why would he want to manage them when the fans are so feverishly against him? Plus the way Villa fans treated him was disrespectful and it seemed to have hurt him and his family, so why go to a club like Newcastle where the atmosphere is even more volatile? 

I think Ashley is bang out of order, seemingly using the media to force DC's hand, just because he's trying to poach another manager on the cheap. It's astounding that a club in the richest League in Europe refuses to stem up the cash for a lower level manager. DC is right to demand the compensation fee that's in the terms of the contract Bruce signed. If anyone's in the wrong it's Ashley and Bruce, not DC. To be honest there are things DC could have done better in the past but it now seems ever since he appointed Bruce, he's learnt from his mistakes and he's stepping up to the plate as an honourable leader of the club he owns. Hats off to him. I hope he continues to stand his ground and Newcastle finally pay up the full amount, so we can move on and bring in a suitable replacement. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Perfectly put Snoots.......I'm still hopeful it will all play out in our favour, either way it's just all bloody typical, the Wednesday way in fact, we can't do owt smoothly.

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Welcome back. Hats off to you, that's an excellent well thought out post. I agree with almost everything you said, apart from the if he stayed part. Although, even that part made a lot of sense too. I 100% agree with DC playing hardball over the compo. Especially when the compo could help us bring in a suitable replacement or help with team strengthening. I just feel once Bruce made it known that he wants to be at Newcastle and played a part in Ashley's bullying tactic with the media, he lost all my respect for him. For me there's no way back for him from that disrespect he showed DC, who had shown him the greatest respect and patience when allowing his trusted assistants to take charge whilst Bruce had a break before taking charge here.

What I don't understand is, that if Bruce is such a fan of his boyhood club, then why manage their biggest rivals and why would he want to manage them when the fans are so feverishly against him? Plus the way Villa fans treated him was disrespectful and it seemed to have hurt him and his family, so why go to a club like Newcastle where the atmosphere is even more volatile? 

I think Ashley is bang out of order, seemingly using the media to force DC's hand, just because he's trying to poach another manager on the cheap. It's astounding that a club in the richest League in Europe refuses to stem up the cash for a lower level manager. DC is right to demand the compensation fee that's in the terms of the contract Bruce signed. If anyone's in the wrong it's Ashley and Bruce, not DC. To be honest there are things DC could have done better in the past but it now seems ever since he appointed Bruce, he's learnt from his mistakes and he's stepping up to the plate as an honourable leader of the club he owns. Hats off to him. I hope he continues to stand his ground and Newcastle finally pay up the full amount, so we can move on and bring in a suitable replacement. 

It's a shady area. I think if the decision to stay was Bruces - "I wanted to hear them out, but I'm better off here. Got a job to do etc." I think the players will be fine with that. Nature of the game. 

Think some fans would, eventually be the same - if we had a good season. 

If him staying was down to Ashley not being willing to stump up or a deal not being reached I think that's different matter. 

He's done himself no favours with the "walking the dog" picture of innocence "don't know where it's come from" bit.  But as I said , he's a football manager not a P.R expert. 

If I was managing anywhere and Wednesday called me I'd go for a chat with them too. I think we'd all be naive or telling porkies if we said we wouldn't.

If he does go. And I think he'd be crazy to -It would be a desperately ill thought out move or the heart ruling the head ,IMO, them I think it would show to an extent that it is the pull of home more than anything else. 

Certainly I don't think it's because he thinks it could be a better working environment and living environment for himself and his family. 

I certainly don't think it's any near as attractive a job as when he didn't go there before when the chance presented itself. 

Like everything in  football it's about timing. 

Terrible, terrible timing for us- whatever the outcome 

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Perfectly put Snoots.......I'm still hopeful it will all play out in our favour, either way it's just all bloody typical, the Wednesday way in fact, we can't do owt smoothly.

Two outcomes acceptable to me

• Bruce stays because he wants to  (Not because Ashley won't pay)
  • He leaves and we get the £5m

Any other scenarios simply aren't acceptable. 

If he stays simply because Ashley won't pay....he is done here.

All very messy.

• Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

Welcome back Mi'lord, whilst you have been away we are no longer allowed to use the phrase WAWAW, some bell end has purchased the copyright :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's a shady area. I think if the decision to stay was Bruces - "I wanted to hear them out, but I'm better off here. Got a job to do etc." I think the players will be fine with that. Nature of the game. 

Think some fans would, eventually be the same - if we had a good season. 

If him staying was down to Ashley not being willing to stump up or a deal not being reached I think that's different matter. 

He's done himself no favours with the "walking the dog" picture of innocence "don't know where it's come from" bit.  But as I said , he's a football manager not a P.R expert. 

If I was managing anywhere and Wednesday called me I'd go for a chat with them too. I think we'd all be naive or telling porkies if we said we wouldn't.

If he does go. And I think he'd be crazy to -It would be a desperately ill thought out move or the heart ruling the head ,IMO, them I think it would show to an extent that it is the pull of home more than anything else. 

Certainly I don't think it's because he thinks it could be a better working environment and living environment for himself and his family. 

I certainly don't think it's any near as attractive a job as when he didn't go there before when the chance presented itself. 

Like everything in  football it's about timing. 

Terrible, terrible timing for us- whatever the outcome 

Aye, the timing of it is awful. Just as we're preparing for the season ahead, things were taking shape and many of us felt if we had a chance to do well this season, it was because we finally seemed to have the right manager for the job. And if anyone could have got us finally back up at last, it was him. Ideally, like you said if he stays just because he came to his senses and not just because Ashley refuses to pay up, then that is forgivable. I just feel even if that happens, it just won't be the same.

I'd prefer them to pay up, so we can move on. Bruce laid down the foundations for Villa's promotion and whoever replaces him here, will have solid foundations and a competitive squad to work with. There is still some areas that need strengthening, and some wheeling and dealing to do. But all of this needs resolving quickly, so that we can be ready for the beginning of the season, with or without Bruce. It seems with the accounts delay and now this, that once again, we're in danger of having to play catch up.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Agree 1

Bruce stays 'cos Ashley wont pay is fine. If he does his job and we have a good season, that's all that matters!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Institutionalised! 

My therapist advised that only a lifetime break could spare someone!

:Sid:

• Haha 1

Is managing wednesday that bad a job   that he'd go and work for that idiot and for fans that dont want him  for a club up for sale and on its way down  and a job no one wants , it can't be just because he supported them as a kid ,it makes me wonder if alls ok behind the seems at Hillsborough  

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Welcome back Mi'lord, whilst you have been away we are no longer allowed to use the phrase WAWAW, some bell end has purchased the copyright :ph34r:

that bell end can suck a wee pipe!

WAWAW WAWAW WAWAW WAWAW WAWAW WAWAW WAWAW WAWAW WAWAW

• Haha 3

If he stays now it's gonna get toxic imo. Every bad result is gonna be greeted with dogs abuse off the fans, which in turn will cause arguements amongst our own supporters as the split of opinions becomes more obvious. Some will sing his name, some will tell the ones singing it to shut the fu.ck up. The band will play his song continuously because of the suck ups they are, causing even more arguing. In fact the only positive that can come out of this is that trumpet might shoved up a certain persons ar53.

• Agree 2

Nice to see you back M'lord. I reckon leave or stay - he's got till Christmas. If he goes, bad results and the Toon Army will have him out, and he's just blown any slack that Owls fans would have given him. I hope he stays and does the job, but if he wants to go DC should play hardball - maybe Bruce was right when he took this job "this could be my last managerial post" - only it ended a couple of years earlier than he thought !

• Agree 2

Very good post lots of common sense comments. I actually think most fans would accept him staying I do not believe those who post on here are an accurate cross section they are often most opinionated.

I heard from a good source that Bruce conversation with Newcastle did not go well. Think Bruce himself confirmed this when said "talks were over before they started". I understand it was to do with basic requirements of job like assistants. This happened on Thursday and clubs locked in negotiations well what's to negotiate they either pay up or walk away. I presume Bruce knows they have weekend to make mind up hence 24/48 hour notice.

You are spot on about cheap option think that it was sold to Ashley on this line but apparently when assistants are taken into account and compensation it is going to cost more than it would have done to keep Benitez. 

His loyal assistants who he relies upon must also have a view and I suppose they depend on him to some degree but neither of them are fools and must know this is a venture which they could not succeed. Hence it would be interesting to know how they feel about this.

Bruce is a football fan and like lots on here will have rose coloured spectacles when looking at clubs which he has a fondness for. This is quite normal and you can understand this. He his also a good manager and able to get players in who will improve club. The recruits he has made so far to club are all looking good and will definitely strengthen club and teams look fit and energetic. The thing I will regret most if he does go is that he did not finish summer recruitment as I think we could have a side to be proud of.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1