Mirror reporting Steve Bruce deal would make him lowest paid manager in Premier League

What's annoying everyone is all the unsaid truths. 

We don't know how Bruce will have approached Chansiri. Has he said for sure "I want to leave" then dodging questions in the media.

Once its all clear cut, I expect a brutally honest statement from Chansiri, he's done it before

Seriously, how have the NUFC fans not full on revolted and driven that fat tw@ Ashley out of the club? The bloke has zero ambition for them. 

Bonuses for staying up? This whilst clubs like Wolves and Watford go for European football. 

I get that there isn't much to do in Newcastle outside of watching football, but i'm surprised we haven't seen a Blackpool style boycott if not even on a small scale. 

Shola Ameobi is the loan co-ordinator at Newcastle. Some direct qoutes from him Saturday evening, doesn't make it sound like a dead cert. 

“If it is Steve, he has been a manager for a long time obviously he has got a good pedigree"

“You know being a geordie y’know is just the cherry on top"

“Ultimately whoever is hopefully coming in will do the best job, Rafa left on the back of two good results in the league and hopefully the new manager can take us forward.”

4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Not very flattering for Bruce is it... I won't pay for you. I'll only poach you on the cheap. Even then I'll pay you far less than your peers. 

Even if it is your "boyhood club", you're the cheap option.  Cheap to the point of laughably insulting.

Have some integrity , you fat mucker.

7 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

So hypothetically what would our fans reaction be now if he moved and it was for less money. 

I get  our fans wanting blood, but if this is true (tbh I can’t see it being true )  then he isn’t the mercenary just moving for money people have been talking about.  If it is true then it must be to manage his team he supports in the prem. 

would people still hold that against him? 

6 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

This might not be popular in the current climate, but in my opinion Steve Bruce is one of football's good guys.

Hes caught in a position here where he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

This IS the job he's always wanted. I've no doubt he's enjoyed his time with us and would have enjoyed his time going forward, but he can't manage both teams and he can't leave us without upsetting lots of people.

Said it in another thread, let's see how he deals with this from here and if indeed he does leave it to the clubs to sort out. It's if they can't that the test of his integrity will come.

If Newcastle aren't prepared to.pay the stipulated compensation then he needs to take it on the chin, accept that the timing may have been right for him (with regards to being offered the job) but it's not for us. He will need to.accept that Newcastle perhaps didn't want him as much as he wants them, and then he needs to get back to work.

Bang on the money.

Seen plenty of abuse towards Bruce on here calling him a money-grabber/mercenary etc.

But if SB is a mercenary and he takes a pay-cut to manage Newcastle, what does that say about the job he’s walking out on here?

Well you can’t say he is leaving for the money seeing as we currently pay him around £2m a year. I really can understand Bruce wanting the move. I just don’t like the way it’s being done by Newcastle, they’ve turned his head and now aren’t willing to pay so need Bruce to resign? Not right at all that. 

6 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

This might not be popular in the current climate, but in my opinion Steve Bruce is one of football's good guys.

Hes caught in a position here where he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

This IS the job he's always wanted. I've no doubt he's enjoyed his time with us and would have enjoyed his time going forward, but he can't manage both teams and he can't leave us without upsetting lots of people.

Said it in another thread, let's see how he deals with this from here and if indeed he does leave it to the clubs to sort out. It's if they can't that the test of his integrity will come.

If Newcastle aren't prepared to.pay the stipulated compensation then he needs to take it on the chin, accept that the timing may have been right for him (with regards to being offered the job) but it's not for us. He will need to.accept that Newcastle perhaps didn't want him as much as he wants them, and then he needs to get back to work.

I agree with most of that, although I'd completely forgotten until I read it last night that he once resigned from Crystal Palace in order to force through a move to Birmingham and only after Palace took out an injunction to block the move and force Birmingham to pay them enough compensation did his previous employers get what was due to them.

Let's hope he doesn't pull a similar stunt here, as that would get seriously messy and would really shatter any remaining good will towards him.

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I agree with most of that, although I'd completely forgotten until I read it last night that he once resigned from Crystal Palace in order to force through a move to Birmingham and only after Palace took out an injunction to block the move and force Birmingham to pay them enough compensation did his previous employers get what was due to them.

Let's hope he doesn't pull a similar stunt here, as that would get seriously messy and would really shatter any remaining good will towards him.

That’s exactly where this is going because DC isn’t going to budge an inch, and neither is Ashley. 

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That would be messy although I assume there would be no compromise on compensation if we had to take that legal route. I think he must know not to mess about with DC.

I think Ashley might have a slightly better hand in that solving this one issue results in them getting a manager, and he’ll do anything to avoid buying players anyway so may be less concerned about the clock ticking down. Even if we win the stand off we still need to recruit a manager who then still needs time to recruit players.

However none of that accounts for the fact that DC is strong willed, emotional and stubborn. He might even be enjoying this. 

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

That’s exactly where this is going because DC isn’t going to budge an inch, and neither is Ashley. 

That's my fear, although I'm not convinced (naively, perhaps) that Bruce would press the nuclear button again right now. If he does, there's no guarantee that Ashley would stick around long enough for his 234th choice manager to untangle himself from Chansiri's legal red tape, and he could find himself out of a job completely.

Firstly, it’s important to remember not to believe everything that’s printed in the newspapers. 

Its worth taking a minute to think about who may have spoken to the press and their likely motivation fo so doing.

Notwithstanding Newcastle are in China already, the longer this drags on, the more SB’s position here becomes untenable and the need to seek a replacement becomes critical for our season. Therefore a it’s suits Wednesday to get it done and weakens our bargaining position massively.

Does anyone really believe a Newcastle manager would be to lowest paid in the league, really?

4 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

Firstly, it’s important to remember not to believe everything that’s printed in the newspapers. 

Its worth taking a minute to think about who may have spoken to the press and their likely motivation fo so doing.

Notwithstanding Newcastle are in China already, the longer this drags on, the more SB’s position here becomes untenable and the need to seek a replacement becomes critical for our season. Therefore a it’s suits Wednesday to get it done and weakens our bargaining position massively.

Does anyone really believe a Newcastle manager would be to lowest paid in the league, really?

Ah. So there are people with basic intelligence on here. Thank god 

51 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Anybody supporting SB in this grubby affair needs to understand his previous employment history

He's no angel and it's clear he has no affinity to anybody other than himself

Get gone please

Just now, happy bunny said:

Anybody supporting SB in this grubby affair needs to understand his previous employment history

He's no angel and it's clear he has no affinity to anybody other than himself

Get gone please

Funny how his previous employment history wasn't a problem a week ago...

8 hours ago, torryowl said:

i'm implying nothing but the facts show that average life span  of a manager under Ashley is better than under chansiri ......

What a strange way to look at the situation. I didn’t say anything about him being in a job longer I mentioned from a footballing point of view, fighting relegation at Newcastle, the stresses that will come with that and also the fact that the Newcastle fans will be against Bruce right from the start. I think it’s going to be a very harsh lesson for Bruce that the grass isn’t greener and the abuse him and his family will receive will be very unpleasant for him.