@owlstalk

Mirror reporting Steve Bruce deal would make him lowest paid manager in Premier League

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So hypothetically what would our fans reaction be now if he moved and it was for less money. 

I get  our fans wanting blood, but if this is true (tbh I can’t see it being true )  then he isn’t the mercenary just moving for money people have been talking about.  If it is true then it must be to manage his team he supports in the prem. 

would people still hold that against him? 

I think his primary motivation is ego ... he has had his reputation restored during the 6 months with us and wants to mix it in the big boys in the premier and get his mug on MOTD.  

He’d also want to leave if virtually any other premier team wanted him.  The NUFC boyhood thing is actually working against him as Cashley knows he can reduce his terms because of this.  

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So hypothetically what would our fans reaction be now if he moved and it was for less money. 

I get  our fans wanting blood, but if this is true (tbh I can’t see it being true )  then he isn’t the mercenary just moving for money people have been talking about.  If it is true then it must be to manage his team he supports in the prem. 

would people still hold that against him? 

It crossed my mind that this story may be BS that enables Bruce to day it wasn’t about the money. I don’t think it is about the money either to be fair.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I think his primary motivation is ego ... he has had his reputation restored during the 6 months with us and wants to mix it in the big boys in the premier and get his mug on MOTD.  

He’d also want to leave if virtually any other premier team wanted him.  The NUFC boyhood thing is actually working against him as Cashley knows he can reduce his terms because of this.  

You might be right, who knows, but if you were managing a championship side with not a lot of money to spend and you had no real connections to that club, if it was potentially your last chance to manage at the top level for let’s face it a decent size club I think most would do it. Fan or not.  

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

It crossed my mind that this story may be BS that enables Bruce to day it wasn’t about the money. I don’t think it is about the money either to be fair.

That was my thought instantly tbh, but that said I think money or not he would have had interest. Probably for any prem team 

5 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I’m not DC’s greatest fan... however when it comes to him vs Ashley (the wee pipe that’s probably trying to rock our boat and come and get something off us cheaply) then WADCAW 

:Chansiri:

Is the Ryder really necessary at the beginning of every piece you write where DC has a mention. We all get your perspective, alternatively you could do the job if you could put together £300 million or so.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

You might be right, who knows, but if you were managing a championship side with not a lot of money to spend and you had no real connections to that club, if it was potentially your last chance to manage at the top level for let’s face it a decent size club I think most would do it. Fan or not.  

I agree ... which is why I said he’d go to virtually any premier team

i noted in his interview he alluded to the three FREE transfers ... possibly a cause of frustration (but Ive no sympathy for such frustration as he walked in here eyes wide open) 

Ive no problem with him going as long as DC gets 100% of what we are contractually entitled to 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

And less that you are currently on at a championship club.

Perhaps Bruce can't see the warning signs if he's blinded by his beloved Newcastle. Seems he's prepared to be Cashley's bitchh for the chance to manage them. Under any other owner it could be his dream job. That'll soon turn into a nightmare under Cashley. 

• Agree 2

Said so the other day...it's only a bit less Mirror is wrong.

But he's on a massive bonus, Bruce will think no prob, will make the bonus threashold....he won't imho

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

I don’t disagree, but a bit more transparency would’t go a miss.

What we’ve seen from Bruce so far was a deafening silence while he hoped to slip away. That was followed by yesterday’s mock I’m just a bystander in this routine once he realised things were getting more complicated.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Is the Ryder really necessary at the beginning of every piece you write where DC has a mention. We all get your perspective, alternatively you could do the job if you could put together £300 million or so.  

Under the Avatar, just thinking of time savers. :Sid: Might change mine to grumpy f****r for a while.

Edited by Morepork

Binding arbitration could be the answer were Bruce to resign. I don't think it would go too well for Ashley powers that be are straining at the leash to bring him down a peg or two.

Though I think Bruce has more moral fibre than to just walk. 

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Ashley really is a piece of work. Find it quite strange that Bruce wants to work for him. Really do think this is a decision from a footballing and enjoyment of the job point of view that Bruce will regret. 

6/7 full time managers in 12 years as opposed to  chansiri's soon to be 5 in 4 years........   

4 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Binding arbitration could be the answer were Bruce to resign. I don't think it would go too well for Ashley powers that be are straining at the leash to bring him down a peg or two.

Though I think Bruce has more moral fibre than to just walk. 

I’m not so sure about that moral fibre.

That interview today was all about putting pressure on Mr C. Bruce must have known that his comments make his position at Wednesday almost untenable. So DC is left with either negotiating a deal with Ashley or putting Bruce to work in the SWFC garden. 

Ever since Abdi left, the parsnips have needed weeding. I’m getting the feeling that Steve might be the man to sort them

out.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

6/7 full time managers in 12 years as opposed to  chansiri's soon to be 5 in 4 years........   

Are you implying he will be in a safer job at Newcastle working under Ashley? 

Lazaar & Rolando for Bruce. I'd take it

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If he doesnt sell and they are not in danger of goi g down he would be there for as long as Ashley is there. 

Depends if Ashley gets his buyer because if he does bruce will be sent packing within a nanosecond 

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

i'm implying nothing but the facts show that average life span  of a manager under Ashley is better than under chansiri ......

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'm implying nothing but the facts show that average life span  of a manager under Ashley is better than under chansiri ......

All managers employed by both clubs are alive and well.... it’s a draw. :Sid:

41 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Getting a bonus for not getting relegated. 

That shows the ambition of their chairman.

Ashley is desperate to keep Newcastle out of the relegation places , because the club is up for sale at £350 million but that club in relegation trouble would allow any buyer to knock the price down to about £200 million.

You only have to look at the Blades court case, United in the prem would fetch £100 million in the championship £30-40 million.

Hence the bonus payments the higher Newcastle finish,the more Bruce earns and less Ashley looses on any takeover.

That's why Newcastle is a basket case of a club, the owner is only interested in protecting his investment and not trying to improve its

info structure to compete..

That's why the fans don't want Bruce, they see him as aiding Ashley in keeping the status quo.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1