Mirror reporting Steve Bruce deal would make him lowest paid manager in Premier League

5 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I’m not DC’s greatest fan... however when it comes to him vs Ashley (the wee pipe that’s probably trying to rock our boat and come and get something off us cheaply) then WADCAW 

:Chansiri:

Is the Ryder really necessary at the beginning of every piece you write where DC has a mention. We all get your perspective, alternatively you could do the job if you could put together £300 million or so.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

You might be right, who knows, but if you were managing a championship side with not a lot of money to spend and you had no real connections to that club, if it was potentially your last chance to manage at the top level for let’s face it a decent size club I think most would do it. Fan or not.  

I agree ... which is why I said he’d go to virtually any premier team

i noted in his interview he alluded to the three FREE transfers ... possibly a cause of frustration (but Ive no sympathy for such frustration as he walked in here eyes wide open) 

Ive no problem with him going as long as DC gets 100% of what we are contractually entitled to 

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

And less that you are currently on at a championship club.

Perhaps Bruce can't see the warning signs if he's blinded by his beloved Newcastle. Seems he's prepared to be Cashley's bitchh for the chance to manage them. Under any other owner it could be his dream job. That'll soon turn into a nightmare under Cashley. 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

You might be right, who knows, but if you were managing a championship side with not a lot of money to spend and you had no real connections to that club, if it was potentially your last chance to manage at the top level for let’s face it a decent size club I think most would do it. Fan or not.  

I don’t disagree, but a bit more transparency would’t go a miss.

What we’ve seen from Bruce so far was a deafening silence while he hoped to slip away. That was followed by yesterday’s mock I’m just a bystander in this routine once he realised things were getting more complicated.

4 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Is the Ryder really necessary at the beginning of every piece you write where DC has a mention. We all get your perspective, alternatively you could do the job if you could put together £300 million or so.  

Under the Avatar, just thinking of time savers. :Sid: Might change mine to grumpy f****r for a while.

Edited by Morepork

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Ashley really is a piece of work. Find it quite strange that Bruce wants to work for him. Really do think this is a decision from a footballing and enjoyment of the job point of view that Bruce will regret. 

6/7 full time managers in 12 years as opposed to  chansiri's soon to be 5 in 4 years........   

4 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Binding arbitration could be the answer were Bruce to resign. I don't think it would go too well for Ashley powers that be are straining at the leash to bring him down a peg or two.

Though I think Bruce has more moral fibre than to just walk. 

I’m not so sure about that moral fibre.

That interview today was all about putting pressure on Mr C. Bruce must have known that his comments make his position at Wednesday almost untenable. So DC is left with either negotiating a deal with Ashley or putting Bruce to work in the SWFC garden. 

Ever since Abdi left, the parsnips have needed weeding. I’m getting the feeling that Steve might be the man to sort them

out.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Are you implying he will be in a safer job at Newcastle working under Ashley? 

i'm implying nothing but the facts show that average life span  of a manager under Ashley is better than under chansiri ......

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'm implying nothing but the facts show that average life span  of a manager under Ashley is better than under chansiri ......

All managers employed by both clubs are alive and well.... it’s a draw. :Sid:

41 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Getting a bonus for not getting relegated. 

That shows the ambition of their chairman.

Ashley is desperate to keep Newcastle out of the relegation places , because the club is up for sale at £350 million but that club in relegation trouble would allow any buyer to knock the price down to about £200 million.

You only have to look at the Blades court case, United in the prem would fetch £100 million in the championship £30-40 million.

Hence the bonus payments the higher Newcastle finish,the more Bruce earns and less Ashley looses on any takeover.

That's why Newcastle is a basket case of a club, the owner is only interested in protecting his investment and not trying to improve its

info structure to compete..

That's why the fans don't want Bruce, they see him as aiding Ashley in keeping the status quo.

• Thanks 1

This might not be popular in the current climate, but in my opinion Steve Bruce is one of football's good guys.

Hes caught in a position here where he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

This IS the job he's always wanted. I've no doubt he's enjoyed his time with us and would have enjoyed his time going forward, but he can't manage both teams and he can't leave us without upsetting lots of people.

Said it in another thread, let's see how he deals with this from here and if indeed he does leave it to the clubs to sort out. It's if they can't that the test of his integrity will come.

If Newcastle aren't prepared to.pay the stipulated compensation then he needs to take it on the chin, accept that the timing may have been right for him (with regards to being offered the job) but it's not for us. He will need to.accept that Newcastle perhaps didn't want him as much as he wants them, and then he needs to get back to work.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

This might not be popular in the current climate, but in my opinion Steve Bruce is one of football's good guys.

Hes caught in a position here where he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

This IS the job he's always wanted. I've no doubt he's enjoyed his time with us and would have enjoyed his time going forward, but he can't manage both teams and he can't leave us without upsetting lots of people.

Said it in another thread, let's see how he deals with this from here and if indeed he does leave it to the clubs to sort out. It's if they can't that the test of his integrity will come.

If Newcastle aren't prepared to.pay the stipulated compensation then he needs to take it on the chin, accept that the timing may have been right for him (with regards to being offered the job) but it's not for us. He will need to.accept that Newcastle perhaps didn't want him as much as he wants them, and then he needs to get back to work.

Very good post this to be fair

I always thought if he was offered the Newcastle job he’d take it not for the money but for the prestige of managing the club he supported as a lad and that’s understandable IMO.

I’ve got nothing against Bruce he’s a good manager and he’s done a decent job here and there’s every chance his 6 months here have left a decent foundation for his successor but I still think this move might not happen due to Chansiri not being the type of Chairman who backs down and compromises?

If Bruce is still on the touch line on Tuesday at Northampton then I reckon he’s stopping here?

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

6/7 full time managers in 12 years as opposed to  chansiri's soon to be 5 in 4 years........   

Chansiri was always going to want his own man in charge so counting Gray in the list is unfair.

Carvalhal whether people on here like it or not is the most successful manager we’ve had at this level since 2000.

Lukuhay was a car crash appointment. Most Chairman have one or two of them.

He’s been unlucky with Bruce but at the same time he’s not left yet and unless Chansiri backs down which I don’t expect him to then he’s more than likely staying?