Mirror reporting Steve Bruce deal would make him lowest paid manager in Premier League

Guest Theboylangers

Getting a bonus for not getting relegated. 

That shows the ambition of their chairman.

Guest Ash76

He'll make him clock in and out too and toilet breaks will come out of his own time

Can't really blame Bruce in being interested but Ashley is a c*nt and I hope we stand firm with our next manager ready and waiting in the wings

Just noticed this too, good luck Ashley you fat c*nt

Ashley has now been met with a demand for around £5m. He is not prepared to pay anywhere near that and is hoping Bruce will walk out, leaving both parties to haggle over the final terms.

Edited by Ash76

What the actual cuff? Can’t believe he’s going to take a pay cut if the reported 40k a week he’s supposed to be on with us and he still thinks it’s a good idea. Bruce is going further down in my estimation every day. 

Even Wilder’s on more!

Don't care about how much Bruce is earning, Newcastle is a poo show of a club due to the owner, his choice if he's that desperate.

All I care about is Sheffield Wednesday, the compensation we are due being paid and a swift resolution allowing us to appoint a replacement. 

Guest wilyfox

Not very flattering for Bruce is it... I won't pay for you. I'll only poach you on the cheap. Even then I'll pay you far less than your peers. 

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So hypothetically what would our fans reaction be now if he moved and it was for less money. 

I get  our fans wanting blood, but if this is true (tbh I can’t see it being true )  then he isn’t the mercenary just moving for money people have been talking about.  If it is true then it must be to manage his team he supports in the prem. 

would people still hold that against him? 

Yes.

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Not very flattering for Bruce is it... I won't pay for you. I'll only poach you on the cheap. Even then I'll pay you far less than your peers. 

And less that you are currently on at a championship club.

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So hypothetically what would our fans reaction be now if he moved and it was for less money. 

I get  our fans wanting blood, but if this is true (tbh I can’t see it being true )  then he isn’t the mercenary just moving for money people have been talking about.  If it is true then it must be to manage his team he supports in the prem. 

I think his primary motivation is ego ... he has had his reputation restored during the 6 months with us and wants to mix it in the big boys in the premier and get his mug on MOTD.  

He’d also want to leave if virtually any other premier team wanted him.  The NUFC boyhood thing is actually working against him as Cashley knows he can reduce his terms because of this.  

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

It crossed my mind that this story may be BS that enables Bruce to day it wasn’t about the money. I don’t think it is about the money either to be fair.