The last good pre season?

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

2015 - loads of new signings and the start of a positive era when we actually had money to spend for once.

I'd say that was a bit of a downer as well. Everybody was wondering who the hell this Carlos bloke was, ticket prices had been bumped up, and we didn't sign the likes of FF, Bannan and Hooper until after the season started.

Last good one was the year after - optimism after reaching the play off final, looking forward to more sparkling football and the quality signings made to strengthen the team and push for automatic.  This Abdi looks quality... 

Probably the promotion season under Megson and Jones.

GM had the opportunity to look at the squad towards the end of the previous season, cleared out a load of deadwood and we knew that they would have a good pre-season fitness wise. Kit was beautiful too. 

My favourite pre-season was the season after the Cardiff playoff win.

End of my first year working out of university. Had a little disposable income and lived in South Yorkshire for the first time so managed to take in most of the games.

Great optimism post Cardiff. First time I'd visited Sheffield FC and Stickrbridge for Wendesday games: two non league teams I'd go on to watch regularly. Also first visits to York and Mansfield. 

Then coincided the Discovery Cup in Dundee with my stag do. Not the most glamorous stag location but it combined friends, Wednesday and beer so it'll do for me.

And of course married Mrs LLP at the end, which I think worked out well.

The first game at Sheffield was one of my favourite Wednesday experiences ever. First game anywhere since Cardiff and was a party atmosphere. Most relaxed I've ever seen a Wednesday team and really interacting with the fans. Put on a show and scored seven.