Steve Bruce interview in full

Guest LondonOwl313

Sounded to me like he didn’t want to say anything about any of it but was forced to do an interview.

i mean what’s he supposed to say when he doesn’t know whether he’ll be Newcastle or Sheff Wed manager next week? In a way if it’s his last one as our manager you can understand him wanting to praise the fans as i’d expect he’ll feel bad about it even if it’s not enough to make him stay. If he turned round and said he’s not that interested, and then they agree compo and he goes, the Geordies will hate him even more than they do already.

This is DC’s decision not Bruce’s so in the meantime we’re kind of in limbo a bit until the negotiations either succeed or break down. Think he’ll stay if they break down as there’s a risk he’s without a job if he goes down the resignation route. 

So its probably 70/30 going/staying right now which is what’s reflected in the bookies odds 

10 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's gone.

We are just delaying the inevitable, and giving our new management team less time before the new season.

You've made your point DC. Do the deal and let's move on.

Answer this.

How would Sheard deal with this?

Or are you too cowardly to answer as usual?

Take your anti DC poo elsehwere

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

How do you know that? I know most people on here think that but I'm not getting the same impression of what I've heard. My impression is that Newcastle showed interest, DC allowed him a quick chat with them. If they can agree terms he will then speak to them, and then decide if he wants to leave. Is that not how things should be done? 

Still seems like 2 potential roadblocks to him moving to me. I don't think Bruce has done too much wrong personally. Definately not burnt any bridges here by his actions, we have to accept that we have a good manager who can interest Prem teams. Much better than having one who doesn't, and it doesn't mean we have to let them go.

DC allowed him a quick chat !!! Wtf does that mean ?

As for not burning any bridges, he has said " it's up to the clubs to sort something out " which  translates to "sort the compo and I'm off"

I hear fans say we would all do the same in his shoes , well would we ?

If I shook hands with a bloke who offered me work whilst unemployed and gave me all the tools for the job ie backroom staff at great expense, I would owe that bloke some loyalty 

If someone else then came calling id have regrets but say unfortunately I've looked a bloke in the eye and given my word end of conversation 

And that is me talking as a half skint bloke not a (probably) multi millionaire 

Edited by the monk

7 minutes ago, the monk said:

As for not burning any bridges, he has said " it's up to the clubs to sort something out " which  translates to "sort the compo and I'm off"

If I shook hands with a bloke who offered me work whilst unemployed and gave me all the tools for the job ie backroom staff at great expense, I would owe that bloke some loyalty 

If someone else then came calling id have regrets but say unfortunately I've looked a bloke in the eye and given my word end of conversation 

Absolutely

DC bent over backwards to help him, gave him all the time he needed.

And what does he do ?

Takes the pi55 out of us. Bruce doesn't give a t0ss about us, never did. Paycheque pension thanks ta...oh... and screw your club and the fans.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

4 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Answer this.

How would Sheard deal with this?

Or are you too cowardly to answer as usual?

Take your anti DC poo elsehwere

While I would love to commend DC for sticking to his guns on this one, to me it smells of the same old pattern that has seen us unable to sell players (which, in Bruce's defence, must be quite maddening). 

I'll applaud DC if it works, but if it doesn't, it's a risky play, unless Bruce does a good job with the PR (with PR done right, I think he'll be able to win most fans back)

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I think he wants to go and if he does so be it. Hope he stays as I think a new manager this close to the season will wreck things for us.  I think if he stays he will knuckle down and work hard on getting us out of the division. I’d be surprised if he had a hissy fit. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, the monk said:

That shows you are a fine fella. Unfortunately, that’s not how the majority would react in the same situation.

DC: "Hi Steve, Newcastle have been in touch, are you interested?"

SB: "Not really Boss, bit of a basketcase of a club."

DC: "Oh... We were thinking compo for you would be useful in avoiding FFP sanctions..."

SB: "I'm really not interested... look, if you want, I'll have a chat with them as a courtesy, and if you agree compensation that you're happy with I'll maybe think about it for the weekend".

-----

Reporter: "So, Steve, first things first can you address the Newcastle rumour?"

SB: "I've spoken to them as a courtesy and its in the hands of the two clubs to agree compensation, then I'll think it over for the weekend"

• Like 1

Sounded like a man who was hoping the decision would be taken away from him, that he didn’t know whether to stick or twist.

Recognises he is at a good club, but knows this might be his last chance to manage Newcastle, and doesn’t wish to upset either party, but doesn’t know what to do for the best, and has decided as I sometimes do, to let others, and circumstances, decide matters, let fate take its course. Que sera sera......

I got the impression he was saying that an agreement between the clubs would only be the first step.

Clearly hasn't discussed or at least not agreed terms.

He could just be blowing smoke but the headline of 'it's down to the clubs' doesn't tell the full story. He doesn't give the impression it is all inevitable if the clubs agree.

4 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

DC: "Oh... We were thinking compo for you would be useful in avoiding FFP sanctions..."

SB: "I'm really not interested... look, if you want, I'll have a chat with them as a courtesy, and if you agree compensation that you're happy with I'll maybe think about it for the weekend".

-----

SB: "I've spoken to them as a courtesy and its in the hands of the two clubs to agree compensation, then I'll think it over for the weekend"

Could be a twist that comes out eventually..

4 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

-----

Meanwhile back on planet earth..........

I’ve listened To that interview three or four times now yes I am glutton for punishment

But to cut a long story short I do feel he was talking about the   Centre forward situation of us having to get  rid of two or three 

how it needs to be solved .

but I got the opinion when he was talking about this It was like he was talking as if it was his opinion and not the problem that he has to solve.

When he was talking about the fans he was talking about the fans as if he was thanking them for how good they have been with him but he was more or less like saying goodbye even the reporters got that Opinion .

So what I’m trying to say he’s actually got his mindset on leave Wednesday now and you can tell with the interview.....Be sad to see him go but no hard feelings if it was your boyhood club I think you’d be doing the same Just hope Dc as somebody lined up ready