Steve Bruce interview in full

Guest Bulgaria
52 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

think he's much more likely he's staying than not. Hope fans all get back on board with him if that's what happens.

Absolutely no chance.

9 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We have to accept whatever outcome is served up, unfortunately. But the video version of this interview is more telling than just the audio. What I saw and heard was a man frustrated that he's still here, and is very much hoping the "compromise" he spoke of will be found. He knows all that stands between him and the Newcastle job he really wants is Mike Ashley, and whether or not he believes Bruce is worth the money. Early signs are that he doesn't, having thought Bruce would be a cheap option to poach and put on a very modest prem salary. Have to wait and see if that changes. 

Haven't seen the video interview but is it not just Bruce's demaeanor. He rarely smiles anymore, I guess the years of strain have done that but it doesn't mean he wants out. He wasn't exactly coming in here beaming when he took over either was he, he was realistic- that's just who he is. He likes the nitty gritty getting players out training every day and improving them, and does isn't happy unless he wins football matches.

Heard someone else on here saying he never reffered to "us" in todays interview, he's never reffered to us as "us" in his whole time here! I really think fans are overreacting based on a few throwaway comments tonight. Imo Bruce doesn't know even whether he wants to join them even if compensation is agreed. Fans need to give him some slack, especially if he returns here. Imagine if we agree comp but he turns down their offer, our fans will just say it's because he wasn't offered enough cash! Whereas it could just be that he wants to stay because he enjoys it here and may think Newcastle a too risky move also for various reasons.

Edited by swfc-dan

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Haven't seen the video interview but is it not just Bruce's demaeanor. He rarely smiles anymore, I guess the years of strain have done that but it doesn't mean he wants out. He wasn't exactly coming in here beaming when he took over either was he, he was realistic- that's just who he is.

Heard someone else on here saying he never reffered to "us" in todays interview, he's never reffered to us as "us" in his whole time here! I really think fans are overreacting based on a few throwaway comments tonight. Imo Bruce doesn't know even whether he wants to join them even if compensation is agreed. Fans need to give him some slack, especially if he returns here. Imagine if we agree comp but he turns down their offer, our fans will just say it's because he wasn't offered enough cash! Whereas it could just be that he wants to stay because he enjoys it here and may think Newcastle a too risky move also for various reasons.

I think that's highly unlikely. He'd be gone faster than you could sign your name. 

He's trying to manipulate the situation to make himself seem less of a ruthless snake (as evidenced by what he is doing) and trying the poor reasonable football man caught up in a situation (what he is implying).

No respect to Wednesday.

Fek off you dog.

Guest wilyfox
32 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Sheepish and awkward. Not like any other Bruce interview.

Sounds to me like he just wants to tip toe off to Newcastle and hope we forget that he ever existed here. 

Edit: Also suggests that it’s not likely anyone else player wise will come in... would he be bothering to look anyway at the moment? ... and that the club want to offload Rhodes still. 

He did laugh at that question about recruitment, as if to say... Well if Wednesday do sign any more, it probably won't be me doing it. 

38 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I think that's highly unlikely. He'd be gone faster than you could sign your name. 

We'll see. I think Bruce has more loyalty than people make out. In his earlier days as a manager he admitted he made mistakes and apologised, I think he has shown in recent years that he doesn't jump ship on teams anymore. I think he genuinely respects this club and fans and if he does leave its with a heavy heart and not an easy decision like many make out. Cant understand the critisism, as it's all on how people are interpreting his words when he doesnt really know whats happening right now. I read them a different way, unlike most admittedly.

Edited by swfc-dan
  • Haha 5

I don't for 1 minute think he's just had a quick chat with Newcastle & has yet to discuss terms etc.  The contract will be ready & waiting to be signed if & when the compo is agreed.

32 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

We'll see. I think Bruce has more loyalty than people make out. In his earlier days as a manager he admitted he made mistakes and apologised, I think he has shown in recent years that he doesn't jump ship on teams anymore. I think he genuinely respects this club and fans and if he does leave its with a heavy heart and not an easy decision like many make out. Cant understand the critisism, as it's all on how people are interpreting his words when he doesnt really know whats happening right now. I read them a different way, unlike most admittedly.

Wow.  

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Sheepish and awkward. Not like any other Bruce interview.

This. Stood out a mile. I’ve always found him to be compelling, enthusiastic, engaged and honest. This was like a different bloke.

done with the bloke. was delighted to have him. gutted to lose a manager how we have. but he isnt bigger than us.

if he wants to snake off and manage the geordies then so be it.

milk it for every penny you can mr. chansiri. wawaw.

• Like 1