Now Bruce has made his feelings clear - we need to get shut and fast and bring on the next manager

I’m glad in a way this has happened, it’s shown his true colours that a a club and job that is going to be a poisoned chalice and likely failure - is worth more than giving this a shot and for me, I want someone in the job who’s in for the long haul and hungry to get success here - not looking round the corner 6 months in to a new job and employer that bent over backwards. And I’m excited to see what’s round the corner again and another new start - were in good stead, the side is 80% there - it’s an attractive job. 

Good riddance Bruce you fat snake

• Like 1

I'm disappointed.

He's brought in three quality freebies when we struggled to get one decent one in 5 with the last 2 managers.

He would have built a promotion team.

Just gotta make sure we bring in the right man. Hughton hopefully.

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Definitely is an attractive job

just hope it doesn’t go to one of the old plodders like Pardew or Allardyce 

Or an unknown foreign manager, or someone like Adkins, Karanka, Pulis. As far as out of job managers go it really is a poor field. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

That is the very big concern for me. Bruce doesn’t want to be here, he needs to go but bloody hell I am worried who we get in next. 

But we got in Bruce last time.

I don't see us getting another Jos type. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Or an unknown foreign manager, or someone like Adkins, Karanka, Pulis. As far as out of job managers go it really is a poor field. 

Agreed,  we need someone with a decent amount of experience but not a dinosaur 

Just not sure how deep Chansiri would go into the domestic market, and all depends who’s advising him 

I still think SB was the man most likely to get us promotion, I wouldn’t get too excited until we find out who’s replacing him.  If it’s Houghton then at least he has a good pedigree, but he will also have a team of players who may not fit in with his needs and no time at all to prepare for the new season.

Another season started on the back foot :duntmatter:

Honestly, as I've said over the last few days, my worry is, that after all the expense, time and effort, DC put into getting an experienced English manager, only to get screwed over 6 months later, that he might well think it isn't worth it to go down the same route, and he will go back to the cheaper option

In 6 months Bruce showed what bringing in a British manager with knowledge of the game did for the team.

there are so many good managers out of work, Let's get one in asap and build for the start of the season.

I don't want to here they having given Bullen a go or We are waiting for x y or z to start in 3 months.

stability produces stability and we still need 5 or 6 moving on in Winnall, Fox, Rhodes, JVA, pelupessy a few of the kids loaning out for first team games.

Then a left back, right winger and centre midfield general coming in.

Let's get a good team but also the club's finances moving in the right direction. So we can become a sustainable club, not one need promotion or bust.

How anyone can be delighted or would welcome him back if he couldn’t go is beyond me

It would be purely because Newcastle don’t want to put up the cash - not for a football decision 

We don’t want people here who aren’t committed to the cause

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Honestly, as I've said over the last few days, my worry is, that after all the expense, time and effort, DC put into getting an experienced English manager, only to get screwed over 6 months later, that he might well think it isn't worth it to go down the same route, and he will go back to the cheaper option

I understand your point but there’s also the fact that we are going to make money out of the fact he brought in an experienced in demand manager.

That at least will be a plus point for DC if he does go and I still hope he doesn’t.

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

How anyone can be delighted or would welcome him back if he couldn’t go is beyond me

It would be purely because Newcastle don’t want to put up the cash - not for a football decision 

We don’t want people here who aren’t committed to the cause

Even with that taken into account - if SB is the best chance of us having a very good season, isn’t it common sense to “welcome him back”.

Id rather overlook this and him get us in the playoffs than say stuff him, bring someone else in and have another disappointing season.

I think after Carlos, Jos and Bruce, if and when Bruce leaves, DC might try a different route? My thinking is that he might go for a more forward thinking long term appointment. By going for a younger manager. Either a high profile recently retired player or a EFL manager on the rise? Those suggesting Hughton, he's got the pedigree at this level but we should be wary about hiring anyone in decline or near the end of their career. We should also be wary about journeymen; those with no EFL experience, those looking for a final big pay and any job hopping mercenaries.