More compensation

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I'm not sure being stuck with a manager who no longer wants to be here is a good position at this very moment. It wont help recruitment for a start. 

I don't think it is the case that SB doesn't want to be here, just because possibly been offered the NUFC job. If that was the case he would have walked away by now.

Who knows apart from SB himself and at the minute he ,nor anyone else has official commented. Have we even received an official offer for him? Has he actually been offered the job? At the minute it is all hearsay.

17 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

DC can’t just credibly decide his own compensation figure 

Unless there is a figure yes he absolutely can. We have something somebody else wants, this is what it costs if you want it you pay that amount to us, if you don't pay it you don't get it. Whether or not that figure is reasonable is another matter entirely but he can demand it. If Bruce resigns he then can't work for a further 12 months, we potentially sue Bruce for breach of contract and Newcastle for damages if any credible evidence of tapping up.

For all we know Bruce has spoken to Chansiri and said "Boyhood club, I'd love to manage them but only if the deal is right for Sheffield Wednesday... I'd like permission to speak to them but I'm 100% committed here if you can't do a deal."

I'd have no problem with him continuing as Manager if it fell through, provided nothing comes out which indicates he was trying to manufacture the move.

14 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Neither can Ashley..

He can try but he will have to pay what is in writing somewhere and given how badly they need a manager I think he will.

But it won’t be as high as 4/5m in my view. That’s dreaming.

This for me is the worst thing about being a football fan 

Stripping it to its essentials all this is is a bloke contracted to a job wants to move to a "better" job 

His employer says ok but the compo in your contract needs paying 

Why the hate of anyone ? if it falls through i have no problem with a good manager carrying on with us, if he leaves he leaves, i don't much care about Bruce and certainly have no hatred of him 

Just now, Bluesteel said:

He can try but he will have to pay what is in writing somewhere and given how badly they need a manager I think he will.

But it won’t be as high as 4/5m in my view. That’s dreaming.

If the total package is under £4 mill then I think it would be done by now.

My guess is that the total is a significant sum.

14 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

I don't know whether he can or can't, but why not? Is there a reason why he can't name his price?

Because if there was nothing to go off owners would just outprice their managers all the time wouldn’t they?

Edited by Bluesteel

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Because owners would just outprice their managers all the time wouldn’t they?

Would be in a contract or something. A fixed fee or equivalent of x months/years wages.

I always thought it was literally buying up the remainder of the contract. Why it's so high as we pay Bruce a lot.

28 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

I don't think it is the case that SB doesn't want to be here, just because possibly been offered the NUFC job. If that was the case he would have walked away by now.

Who knows apart from SB himself and at the minute he ,nor anyone else has official commented. Have we even received an official offer for him? Has he actually been offered the job? At the minute it is all hearsay.

My opinion, based on what's been reported this week, add in that it is boyhood club, that right now he want's to manage Newcastle - meaning he doesn't want to be here. 

I want us to have a manger who is fully committed to the cause. 

10 hours ago, sibon said:

Ashley is in a corner now. If he doesn’t pay the compo, he doesn’t get Bruce.

The Toon fans don’t want Bruce, but I bet that they want to fail to get him even less. Not getting a manager out of a lower championship club would be humiliating.

Mr C has Ashley over a barrel. He should take full advantage 

No lube.

We are tossed a few coins 3 weeks before the season starts as Newcastle intend to take manager and backroom staff. Insulting.

Bruce is now in a hole. If Newcastle won't pay, he's lost all credibility with us!

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

DC can’t just credibly decide his own compensation figure 

He can do as he pleases, he holds SB contract. I really hope he sticks to his guns. 6 million will go a long way to bringing in another manager and a player. 

2 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

He can do as he pleases, he holds SB contract. I really hope he sticks to his guns. 6 million will go a long way to bringing in another manager and a player. 

If his contract clarifies then he can’t do as he pleases. If it doesn’t be possibly can but then he would have an unhappy manager