More compensation

10 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Ashley is most definitely over a barrel.. we've got a manager.

Bruce will have to get on with things here in a professional manner or his life will become miserable and meaningless.. it'll be dawning on him about now I should think..

I agree with all of that, but it appears our managers moral compass is in his wallet. We could be stuck with a manager we don't trust, a manager who doesn't want to be here.  If he stays, I cant wait for his next press conference,  especially if anyone has got the balls to ask him the big question.

1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

Then it comes down to length of contract,which I understand is 12 month rolling,which hes 5 months into,and a judgement of FAIR compensation,which youd expect to be basically the next 7 months wages at the very best,which wont be 4.5M as is being qouted

It comes down to how badly Ashley wants him.. plus any contract clauses.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I agree with all of that, but it appears our managers moral compass is in his wallet. We could be stuck with a manager we don't trust, a manager who doesn't want to be here.  If he stays, I cant wait for his next press conference,  especially if anyone has got the balls to ask him the big question.

I cant imagine they will be paying Bruce a hell of a lot than what we pay him. 

Wouldn't stump up extra cash for Benitez.

I dont think he is choosing to go there purely for financial gain.

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Contracts are a two way street..DC pays on time and fulfills any side obligations.

SB carries out his duties to the best of his ability.

The termination comes if these obligations aren't met by either side..by mutual consent..or the end date..

And employment law is very flawed with lots of grey areas,but youd hope that with the mags already having made an approach that would cover over any grey

Mike Ashley HAS to get him,  and to do that he needs to negotiate with Chansiri who currently holds all the cards 

If Bruce quits DC will have him for breach of contract 

1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

And employment law is very flawed with lots of grey areas,but youd hope that with the mags already having made an approach that would cover over any grey

What ‘official’ approach is that then ?

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I cant imagine they will be paying Bruce a hell of a lot than what we pay him. 

Wouldn't stump up extra cash for Benitez.

I dont think he is choosing to go there purely for financial gain.

Wants to manage in the prem,I cant blame him for that the championships a tough league to get out of with all the P&S and the prem fails with all their cash

3 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

I suppose you could say that there are inconsistencies.

I don't see where they would impede DCs position here tho..

Edited by Costello 77

42 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Has Ashley paid compo for his previous managers or have they all been out of work when they went there? 

Ashley doesn’t like paying wages, let alone compensation.....even breaks are a no no to that guy.

Edited by Morepork

Looking at the long list of potential Newcastle managers who have supposed to have been approached and said "No", it certainly looks like Bruce is his fourth or fifth choice (for whatever reason) so I would suggest that Mr C has got Ashley over several barrels.

5 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Then it comes down to length of contract,which I understand is 12 month rolling,which hes 5 months into,and a judgement of FAIR compensation,which youd expect to be basically the next 7 months wages at the very best,which wont be 4.5M as is being qouted

Surely a 12 month rolling contract means he's always got a year left so it's irrelevant how long into it he is...

You know what...

People are saying stuff that makes sense....but its pie in the sky.

People are saying stuff that fits a timeline....but its excuses after excuses.

What we know is...

Bruce took training on Friday and is the manager of SWFC.

Mike Ashley is trying to sell Newcastle and wants a manager on the cheap. While he asset strips (perez, longstaff etc..)

Newcastle fans despise Steve Bruce.

5 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Ashley is a tw@t am I ok.to say that as I would use stronger words.:biggrin:

Ill say em for u .ashley is a fat f****** pr**k