More compensation

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11762108/steve-bruce-newcastles-move-for-sheffield-wednesday-boss-hits-snag

how can Newcastle and anyone be surprised by us wanting more compensation. They are wanting him immediately whilst he is under current employment. When Bruce was first linked I thought compensation would stop Ashley  coming for Bruce and he would go for someone out of work. Here we are, I think Newcastle will pay it just to sort it. If chansiri wins the battle against Ashley then fair play. 

Guest wilyfox

I don't think Ashley will pay, personally. I respect DC's position. They should pay the amount stipulated in contract. Ashley will look for cheaper elsewhere, I reckon. 

Ashley is in a corner now. If he doesn’t pay the compo, he doesn’t get Bruce.

The Toon fans don’t want Bruce, but I bet that they want to fail to get him even less. Not getting a manager out of a lower championship club would be humiliating.

Mr C has Ashley over a barrel. He should take full advantage 

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
Just now, sibon said:

Ashley is in a corner now. If he doesn’t pay the compo, he doesn’t get Bruce.

The Toon fans don’t want Bruce, but I bet that they want to fail to get him even less. Not getting a manager out of a lower championship club would be humiliating.

Mr C has Ashley over a barrel. He should take full advantage 

Not really. Fan reaction gives Ashley the perfect opt out. We'd be the ones left in a pickle, with a manager whose head has been turned. 

3 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Has Ashley paid compo for his previous managers or have they all been out of work when they went there? 

Never paid compo for a manager in a job. Always hired out of work managers. 

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

Has Ashley paid compo for his previous managers or have they all been out of work when they went there? 

Joe Kinnear was selling jellied eels on a street corner in Dagenham when approached by Ashley, so no compo was required for him.

1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

Theyve terminated their contracts via resignation

Surely Chansiri would be able to hold their registration until contracts expire. Also Newcastle would then be in the brown stuff for tapping up.

1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

Theyve terminated their contracts via resignation

Without any compensation and with a notice period.

Bruce and Ashley have messed this up . Mr C has all the cards, the jokers, that funny one with the scoring for bridge and the little plastic box to put them away in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

No mate.. they've breached their contracts which makes them personally liable to legal action.

Then it comes down to length of contract,which I understand is 12 month rolling,which hes 5 months into,and a judgement of FAIR compensation,which youd expect to be basically the next 7 months wages at the very best,which wont be 4.5M as is being qouted