Now Carpark is closed.

I'm trying to work out alternatives now that Wednesdayite car park is closed.

I know posters on here tell us that there is no problem finding parkin spaces if you are prepared to walk

a reasonable distance but I do have a problem with walking. I can manage a fair distance on level ground

before I experience enough pain to make me stop and rest, however walking uphill gives  me condiderable

pain within a few yards.

Does anyone on here know (I suppose someone will:rolleyes:) about what time does the supertram park and ride

at Middlewood become full on matchdays.

Any other suggestions would be welome.  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

I know posters on here tell us that there is no problem finding parkin spaces if you are prepared to walk

a reasonable distance but I do have a problem with walking. I can manage a fair distance on level ground

before I experience enough pain to make me stop and rest, however walking uphill gives  me condiderable

pain within a few yards.

Does anyone on here know (I suppose someone will:rolleyes:) about what time does the supertram park and ride

Hi mate, I've been parking at the Park and Ride on Middlewood road for years As long as you leave about 30 minutes I've never not got a place (even for blades games)

Also you can do park only on the pay screens, costs about 3quid ish

3 minutes ago, Woodyowl450 said:

Hi mate, I've been parking at the Park and Ride on Middlewood road for years As long as you leave about 30 minutes I've never not got a place (even for blades games)

Also you can do park only on the pay screens, costs about 3quid ish

Thanks Woody, that sounds like it could be the answer.

Hope nobody else is reading this.

Mods please delete thread.:tango:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

pain within a few yards.

I use the tram when I go to matches, it's okay going if you get there early, nightmare return after the match unless  you leave it till all supporters have gone.

Would not recommend at all.

4 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

You can park in the garage at the junction of Leppings Lane and Penistone rd. For a small fee (not sure how much)

The one next to Burger King? How early do you have to go coz doesn't that have like space for about 6 hot wheels cars 

Guest The Horse
23 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

The one next to Burger King? How early do you have to go coz doesn't that have like space for about 6 hot wheels cars 

It's all a bit odd.

Get there too early and there's no one there, can park for free it seems but I was too nice and went inside and asked.

Get there at a normal time and some old bloke in a high-viz who doesn't seem too switched on to life in general takes £5 off you.

No ticket or anything and very nonchalant. I'm betting if you got there early and parked in a regular place, they wouldn't notice and park for free.

Never tried it though.

Think my horse box is too obvious.

3 minutes ago, The Horse said:

It's all a bit odd.

Get there too early and there's no one there, can park for free it seems but I was too nice and went inside and asked.

Get there at a normal time and some old bloke in a high-viz who doesn't seem too switched on to life in general takes £5 off you.

No ticket or anything and very nonchalant. I'm betting if you got there early and parked in a regular place, they wouldn't notice and park for free.

Never tried it though.

Think my horse box is too obvious.

See now I was confused ebcause I didnt know whether to put a laughing emoji or the heart one for helping me. We will have to settle for me not turning you into glue :Sid:

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

I use the tram when I go to matches, it's okay going if you get there early, nightmare return after the match unless  you leave it till all supporters have gone.

Would not recommend at all.

Thanks for advice, but considering  using the car and parking at park and ride. Maybe using the tram.from park and ride

to Leppings Lane.

Anyone know how busy the tram is after the game from Leppings lane to Middlewood?

Just now, oldtawnyowl said:

Thanks for advice, but considering  using the car and parking at park and ride. Maybe using the tram.from park and ride

to Leppings Lane.

Anyone know how busy the tram is after the game from Leppings lane to Middlewood?

Empty - you'll be fine

Owlstalk Shop

Just make your way to Silverwood Working Mens Club in Dalton, Rotherham, where you would be made most welcome.

Relax and enjoy a drink or two in the salubrious surroundings of the club, served by the glamourous bar staff.

Then be entertained by stories of old by your fellow travellers who will revel in the telling of their tales to a new victim friend.

You will whisked to the match in style by luxury coach (well it was in 1974) and dropped off at the Wednesdayite car park. 

Just £7 leave about 14:00 and arrive back at the club for 17:45

17 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Just make your way to Silverwood Working Mens Club in Dalton, Rotherham, where you would be made most welcome.

Relax and enjoy a drink or two in the salubrious surroundings of the club, served by the glamourous bar staff.

Then be entertained by stories of old by your fellow travellers who will revel in the telling of their tales to a new victim friend.

You will whisked to the match in style by luxury coach (well it was in 1974) and dropped off at the Wednesdayite car park. 

Just £7 leave about 14:00 and arrive back at the club for 17:45

Topless ?:tango:

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

pain within a few yards.

You can always renew at the new allocated car park. UTO