Pre season optimism

More worried that there's ro be an investigation than quibbling over the price. 

Aye, other clubs have done it. But pound to a penny that if the powers that be decide it's time to clamp down on the practise we'd be the first one to face for it.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

More worried that there's ro be an investigation than quibbling over the price. 

Aye, other clubs have done it. But pound to a penny that if the powers that be decide it's time to clamp down on the practise we'd be the first one to face for it.

But surely we can't face anything over it? 

It's legit and not illegal, all the EFL/FA can do now is close that loophole, not punish the clubs already through it.

17 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

It always fades quick.

But bleedin hell it usually doesn't start fading till the first ball is kicked.

175806622_2019-07-1123_57_08.thumb.png.bf095f2e16d9bdb84fb5180f5e49bf7e.png

That's the headline from the daily mail.

Enough said. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7238425/Bruce-moves-closer-Newcastle-job-Sheffield-Wednesdays-60m-Hillsborough-sale-probed.html

8 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

It's legit and not illegal, all the EFL/FA can do now is close that loophole, not punish the clubs already through it.

Well you'd hope so wouldn't you. 

But the pessimist in me always fears the worst.

"Historical cases cannot be punished , but as this is recent were going to throw the book at Sheffield Wednesday to send a clear message to clubs etc etc"

To be honest. Ignore me folks. 

I've had a reight poo day at work (away from news, intenet etc) and then come home to relax and catch up and there's all this going on. 

I've just got head on that's all

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

40 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Is every season getting worse? 

Managers, embargo’s, kits, etc. 

its a struggle 

Finding out stripes have been ditched again would just about put the tin hat on it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

No they cant change the rules and then stop us from already doing it, if they had put rules into place before we did it then yes but to late now

Don’t see what there is to probe if we followed the same way Derby and Villa did it, the biggest kicker about the Bruce saga is the fact he’ll take all the back room staff with him, if it was just him I wouldn’t be so cheesed off .

1 minute ago, Owl999 said:

Don’t see what there is to probe if we followed the same way Derby and Villa did it,

I guess it was a minefield doing this properly and legit. No doubt there will be plenty of people will want to know if everything was done correctly and that it really is all above board.

15 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I guess it was a minefield doing this properly and legit. No doubt there will be plenty of people will want to know if everything was done correctly and that it really is all above board.

Hopefully that’s why it’s taken us so long

This will really have a negative impact on our current/new players if he goes. Think they all had a lot of faith and positivity vibes about SB.  Any optimism that has built up will be crushed and we will be in for another poo season. 

Hope it's all testicles but doubt it is. This has killed any enthusiasm I had for the new season. It will be a s#@t job for someone to take on now because he's already signed 3 and given 3 new contracts. A new manager won't have too much wriggle room to sign players. What a mess! 

Then there's all this accounts/ground sale stuff. Not looking good. 

3 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Don’t see what there is to probe if we followed the same way Derby and Villa did it, the biggest kicker about the Bruce saga is the fact he’ll take all the back room staff with him, if it was just him I wouldn’t be so cheesed off .

No it hasn't look and the land registry for the legal owner of VIlla and Derby then look at us. Nothing has changed for us, it still shows Sheffield Wednesday football club owning the ground not Sheffield Wednesday Holdings, so if the legal form has not been transferred to the new owners has the transaction taken place at all. I cannot think for one minute that the club would be sold and the powers that be have forgot to file any of the paperwork with the correct governing body's.

I think it is now time for the club to come clean to the fans what is happening with the sale of the club, the delayed kits, the manager etc. in 3 week we start the new season, we only confirmed our preseason games on Tuesday - to say the way the club is being run is joke is an understatement.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

No it hasn't look and the land registry for the legal owner of VIlla and Derby then look at us. Nothing has changed for us, it still shows Sheffield Wednesday football club owning the ground not Sheffield Wednesday Holdings, so if the legal form has not been transferred to the new owners has the transaction taken place at all. I cannot think for one minute that the club would be sold and the powers that be have forgot to file any of the paperwork with the correct governing body's.

I think it is now time for the club to come clean to the fans what is happening with the sale of the club, the delayed kits, the manager etc. in 3 week we start the new season, we only confirmed our preseason games on Tuesday - to say the way the club is being run is joke is an understatement.

Fair play mate regarding the land registration that’s news to me .