Official: Accounts published

Guest mkowl
Just now, kristmace said:

That's insane. Wages being 168% of turnover is beyond irresponsible. 

I was using Bob Griersons calculator before but yep that is right

Nearly 200% if you look at total operating costs of 48m

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

So the chairman has found a way to avoid getting a points deduction and an embargo which, according to some was nailed on in May and the self same people are up in arms about it...wonder why?

Because perhaps it's a one off solution and the underlying figures still look challenging to be within FFP

I took up your invitation to "look back at my history"

I've just looked at your owlstalk joining date................2017,Milan called the Mammadov deal off in September 2014,now,were you a member of this place before under a different username ?

If you weren't you can't have been as "consistent" as you suggest  ?

Guest mkowl
Just now, daveyboy66 said:

You rather have a points deduction and an embargo?

No 

But equally I am not going to say all is rosy in the garden moving forward.

Indeed I have been trying to explain the numbers in here not pass comment 

Just now, mkowl said:

No 

But equally I am not going to say all is rosy in the garden moving forward.

Indeed I have been trying to explain the numbers in here not pass comment 

I'm not saying all is rosy either but the imminent threat to us was a points deduction and an embargo...at least it gives us a chance to move forward...I couldn't see any other way around that dilemma

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

There is a book profit of £2m but there are some very worrying figures in those accounts players wages from the play off final season have risen from £29m to £42.5m so with the £8m dropping off this season from the players that left that leaves us around the £35m mark for wages which is £12m more than our incomes for the 17/18.

Putting it in laymans terms we are losing £12m a season with no other costs accounted for 

Add to that we amortised another £10m on players contracts with another £17m left to amortise over their contracts.

Yes we sold the stadium but what do we do now our costs for wages are up to the limit of P&S without any other costs such as signing players, running costs for the club etc.

We are ok this season but very worrying signs for the season to come. 

That wage bill is for ALL employees Room........................................302 of em.

11 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So the chairman has found a way to avoid getting a points deduction and an embargo which, according to some was nailed on in May and the self same people are up in arms about it...wonder why?

Because the chairman is the reason we should have got a points deduction and have had, for two consecutive seasons, a transfer embargo. If we don’t go up then we will be in the same situation and won’t have a solution. Imagine if this wasn’t Wednesday, what would you be thinking? I know what I’d be thinking, that it’s a recipe for disaster. If United would have sold there ground for £38m and published a £2m profit there’d be a thread on here titled ‘the wheels have fallen off’ within minutes. 

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

I'm not saying all is rosy either but the imminent threat to us was a points deduction and an embargo...at least it gives us a chance to move forward...I couldn't see any other way around that dilemma

No it's a way out of the hole 

But I suppose the fear is simply another hole will be dug and then what 

Just hope we are on an even keel in terms of staying within the limits. It's not so much the loss we have made but the chronic waste of that money on questionable signings 

But I am not the one who has averaged putting in 800k a week 

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

That wage bill is for ALL employees Room........................................302 of em.

Includes matchday stewards though and kiosk staff

18 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Because they're thick?

4 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

Because the chairman is the reason we should have got a points deduction and have had, for two consecutive seasons, a transfer embargo. If we don’t go up then we will be in the same situation and won’t have a solution. Imagine if this wasn’t Wednesday, what would you be thinking? I know what I’d be thinking, that it’s a recipe for disaster. If United would have sold there ground for £38m and published a £2m profit there’d be a thread on here titled ‘the wheels have fallen off’ within minutes. 

Only the sad ones who are absolutely obsessed with our neighbours.

Guest mkowl
Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

The account notes say 302 employees,it doesn't identify by department or job title,so was kinda thinking they'd be included.

The standard deviation of the salaries would be fascinating

26 employees 36m

276 employees 1m

59 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It's an hypothesis not fact that this could be the reason for the delay 

The club was waiting to hear back from them. Which is why the embargo is now being lifted rather than the accounts appearing and needing a review before deciding on the embargo.

19 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Indeed but the first team squad will be 90%+ of that figure the balance being the youth set up and match day and say to say staff.