What would happen if DC refuses Newcastle permission to talk to him and instead SB resigns and then opens up talks with them?

Just feels like something Mike Ashley might encourage to get around the reported 4-5m compo! Presume they can’t get away with that. 

Problem is whether we get a post-Bruce appointment right. No guarantee we go for someone (like Hughton) who would be considered on a similar level to Bruce. 

If it is true, which is being widely reportred now, that would solve FFP in one swoop.

Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 10.17.15.png

Think it would be a very strange move on Newcastle's part to appoint a manager, who none of the fans want and who would cost £5 million before he's even sat at his desk.

As much as I'd like Bruce to stay, we would be getting the far better end of the deal.

4 minutes ago, flash said:

What would happen if DC refuses Newcastle permission to talk to him and instead SB resigns and then opens up talks with them?

Just feels like something Mike Ashley might encourage to get around the reported 4-5m compo! Presume they can’t get away with that. 

Presumably this would mean he would be in breech of contract and owe the club a lot of money or not be able to take a job elsewhere.

These contracts must be pretty watertight otherwise the scenario you suggested would happen all the time.  Why would Chelsea pay Derby £4m if Lampard could just resign and walk over to them etc. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Presumably this would mean he would be in breech of contract and owe the club a lot of money or not be able to take a job elsewhere.

These contracts must be pretty watertight otherwise the scenario you suggested would happen all the time.  Why would Chelsea pay Derby £4m if Lampard could just resign and walk over to them etc. 

Cheers I thought this was the case and recall something happening with Marco Silva Watford/Everton but couldn’t recall the detail. 

34 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

£3.5 +  Aarons and Lazaar 

Don’t see the obsession.with these two players.

3.5 plus Ritchie and Lascelles would be better.

lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

If it is true, which is being widely reportred now, that would solve FFP in one swoop.

Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 10.17.15.png

MoRe than £5m, is it £39m? :Chansiri:

He's a canny operator DC, he said we had friends, but I didn't expect us to appoint Bruce then transfer him to rectify FFP.

I honestly don’t think Ashley would authorise 5M for Bruce, I can see a fall out between us and SB

• Agree 2

So we would get more for Bruce than our entire player sales under DC..... makes you think

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

If only we could sell players for this kind of profit. 

If only we could sell players full stop. 

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Probably, but it's by no means a given that we'll get Hughton.  I've never been more fuckedoff by a situation at Hillsborough since Atkinson left for Villa.  So, so, depressing.

The fact all the infrastructure goes with him will be the biggest thing to damage our chances this season .

People’s talking about £5 mill compensation. Sky are saying £1 mill which to me is a more realistic figure. 

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Probably, but it's by no means a given that we'll get Hughton.  I've never been more fuckedoff by a situation at Hillsborough since Atkinson left for Villa.  So, so, depressing.

The post Atkinson years weren't half bad though

29 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If only we could sell players full stop. 

Yeah i dont like the human panini sticker album approach. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Howards back said:

People’s talking about £5 mill compensation. Sky are saying £1 mill which to me is a more realistic figure. 

Sky also admitted yesterday that the actual fee Leicester paid for Tielmans was £35m not the £40m reported by Sky....while stood in front of a graphic still stating £40m. 

They are all about the hype, less about details 

Edited by striker

Rather resigned to him going tbh and I wouldn’t blame him if he does - though the club is a mess and Ashley wouldn’t be a chairman I’d work for.

..if he goes, Hughton (if he came) would be a great signing at this level. 

• Agree 1

From a Newcastle perspective and from their fans, £5m would seem a ridiculous figure to get Bruce just after they have had Rafa Benitez.

If we get it great, bring in Chris Hughton and buy Hector immediately.

• Agree 1

He would probably take backroom staff as well. Therefore £5 million is absolute minimum. At this point in season after committing funds to Bruce signings. ICost of us getting manager and having to pay compensation has to be factored in.  would think it will be £10 million or thereabouts. Not sure what Derby received from Chelsea but nearer you get to start of season compensation rises.

3 hours ago, savi said:

If theres any truth in that then surely Dejphon will get a D Taxi to drive him back home today. 

What's Benitez up to? 

Gone to China.